Alt_driver is a jet-fueled community of people who know what it means to drive the Heartland and love all things that go vroom.
We are looking for a Content Writer who will help us grow our social and organic presence with resonant and engaging articles, interviews, research, and more. Our ideal candidate can take a list of SEO-based insights, and craft a cohesive, brand-forward collection of excellent evergreen content.
The Content Writer will work closely with the Associate Director of Editorial and the Alt_driver team at Wide Open Media to transform data into personable content that has multi-channel appeal. The most successful candidate will be technically proficient, detail-focused, and mindful of tight deadlines.
The Wide Open Media Group offices are located in Austin, Texas, but we’re considering candidates from all areas and the search is not limited to Austin. This is a contract position.
- At least 1 year of fast-paced web writing experience for web publishers
- At least 1 year of hands-on SEO writing experience
- At least 1 year of digital publishing experience
- Knowledge of/experience with WordPress
- Strong understanding of quality and engaging content with excellent writing skills across a range of verticals
- Ability to consistently source, conceptualize, and pitch new article ideas
- Ability to craft articles in a timely manner
- Detailed experience using SEO insights, Google Analytics, and editorial calendars
- Previous writing experience in a strong research and analytical role
Apply with a copy of your most recent resume, links to writing samples, and a short statement telling us why you'd make the perfect Content Writer for Wide Open Media.
If this sounds like you, we look forward to your application!Apply for this Job