As Ohio's chief compliance officer, the Auditor of State makes Ohio government more efficient, effective, and transparent by placing checks and balances on state and local governments for taxpayers. Click hereto learn more about our office!
What will you be doing?Conduct financial audits of cities, villages, schools, universities, counties, fire districts, townships, cemeteries, libraries, state and county agencies, and commissions.
Why work for the Auditor of State?Working for the AOS will allow you to achieve your career goals without sacrificing your personal goals.
- Flexible work schedules and locations
- Rapid advancement opportunities
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Tuition and professional exam reimbursement
- Excellent benefits and retirement plan
These are just a few of the incredible benefits that the AOS has to offer you. You deserve a life outside of work and that’s what we can offer!
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university (Accountancy degree preferred)
- OR successful completion of at least 16 semester hours or equivalent in accounting or related field from an accredited college, university, trade, technical or vocational school beyond high school level
- OR possess at least three years’ experience in accounting or related field per Section117.09 of the Ohio Revised Code
- Must have a valid Ohio driver’s license
That’s it! So, if you want to join an agency with a friendly work environment, competitive salaries, rapid advancement opportunities, create your own work schedule, have the option to work from home, have part of your education paid for, and the opportunity to work on behalf of Ohio taxpayers, then the Ohio Auditor of State is right for you.
Please note: We need a copy of your resume, transcripts, and three references in order to facilitate moving forward with the hiring process.
The Auditor of State is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including sexual harassment), national origin, age (40 years or more), ancestry, disability, military status, genetics or veteran status (Vietnam,Storm/Shield, or Disabled).