Optistar Technology Consultants, a VERTEX is Company, is a growing, thriving, energetic managed IT service provider (MSP) with a unique business model and clients in both the United States and Europe. In 2016, Optistar became a wholly owned subsidiary of The Vertex Companies, an employee-owned AEC firm that offers forensic, engineering, construction and environmental solutions. VERTEX has approximately 500 employees occupying 25+ offices throughout North America.
Associate IT Consultant
Optistar is looking for a sharp Associate IT Consultant to join our 4-person consulting team, currently comprised of previous IT business owners and senior consultants. The candidate will have the option of working from a home office or our New York City, Denver or Weymouth, MA office.
- Hardware and Software Sales – determining the right specs to meet customer needs, providing advice, and executing sales orders
- Working closely with our senior IT consultants delivering Strategic IT assessments for new prospects and converting them into clients
- Working closely with our senior IT consultants holding quarterly strategic meetings for clients
- Developing ongoing strategic advice and solutions to solve client’s business challenges
- Working closely with our senior IT consultants to sell new managed IT services, such as Cyber Security and Business Continuity solutions, to new and existing clients
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university (Computer Science Degree, Information Technology or related field) preferred
- Five (5) or more years professional IT experience (Independent consultant, Help Desk, etc)
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of computer and server hardware, peripherals and basic networking
- Knowledge of software and different licensing models
- Must be team oriented!
- Some level of experience working in/with Professional Services Automation (PSA) Software (Autotask PSA a plus)