With over 1,000 websites attracting more than 85 million monthly UV’s, Toronto-based VerticalScope is one of the largest and fastest growing digital community technology platforms in North America. Our unique combination of wholly-owned community (forum) websites and commerce-driven content sites offers shoppers critical information that they can’t get from other sources, attracting a unique audience and blue-chip advertisers seeking to reach them. Our platform reaches audiences in several high value verticals including automotive, outdoors, powersports, pets, home, consumer technology and health & wellness, to name a few.
From a technology perspective, VerticalScope is the single largest vertically-focused digital community platform in Canada. Our presence accounts for the second largest deployment on Google Cloud. As an employee you will receive a competitive salary and a full range of benefits, take advantage of learning programs and contribute to an international team whose passion is innovation driven by a collaborative merit-based culture.
We’re looking for a passionate and social media-savvy team member to oversee VerticalScope’s social media presence for dozens of growing communities.
The ideal candidate will have not just an expertise in both organic and paid social media, but also a deep passion to communicate, build relationships, as well as find and share exciting content.
With the majority of VerticalScope’s newly launched properties being in the automotive space, the right candidate will also have an in-depth knowledge of the automotive industry and a deep passion there as well.
- Share discussions and content from VerticalScope’s own forum platform onto conventional social platforms in order to drive growth
- Scour other groups, communities and platforms for news and report back to the Community Growth team for distribution on our platform
- Grow Facebook, Instagram and Twitter pages and groups with the express purpose of onboarding people onto the VerticalScope platform
- Monitor and optimize Facebook budgets
- Actively recruit members of other social networks to the VerticalScope platform
- Actively post to Twitter and Reddit
- Build relationships with online influencers and industry insiders to show them the benefits of our platform and how it can be an extension of their current strategy
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing
- 5+ years experience in social media management/growth
- Automotive passion and expertise, ideally at the dealer level
- An outstanding communicator
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as negotiated and ad hoc projects to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
VerticalSope Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, race, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, creed, disability, family or marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation or any other protected ground or social area according to Human Rights laws in Canada.
If you require disability related accommodation during the application, recruitment and interview process, please let us know and we will work with you to make all possible adjustments to suit your needs.Apply for this Job