Infopro Learning has an immediate contract opportunity for experienced Copy Editors!
This is a part-time opportunity, likely 7-8 hours per week, for a year-long contract.
This is a virtual opportunity and candidates can be located anywhere in the US.
Copy Editing to ensure correctness, accuracy, consistency, and completeness
- Developing a style sheet or following one that is provided (CMS/AP/MSTP, customer checklists, etc.)
- Notifying designers of deviations from any customer checklists
- Editing for grammar, spelling, punctuation, and usage
- Checking for consistency and continuity of content and facts
- Correcting or querying general information that should be checked for accuracy
- Americanization or other localization as needed
- Identifying potential copyright issues (for example, when the storyboard quotes people or cites from studies & research or uses editorial images)
Stylistic Editing to clarify meaning, ensure coherence and flow, and refine the language:
- Eliminating jargon, clichés, and euphemisms
- Establishing or maintaining the language level or reading level appropriate for the intended audience, medium, and purpose
- Adjusting the length and structure of sentences and paragraphs
- Establishing or maintaining tone, mood, style, and authorial voice or level of formality
- Commenting in depth on factors such as scenario validity/believability, characterization, dialogue, setting, plot, structure, and relevance.
Other Desired Skills (Highly project-specific)
- Checking the accuracy of facts, citations, and quotes by referring to the writer’s original sources or to other authoritative sources.