Greenback Expat Tax Services is a company that specializes in preparing tax returns for Americans living overseas. We are a highly energetic, positive, resourceful team working virtually across the globe. We believe that executional excellence is the key to success. We are currently seeking a Director of Operations and Service that can ensure that the accountant customer care Greenback offers is the best in class. The Director of Operations and Service will have a team of at least three direct reports, a contractor team of 40+ expert expat tax accountants, as well as freelancers.
We focus on meeting and exceeding all contractual obligations, “wowing” customers, and having high retention rates. As a fast-growing business, we’re looking for a Director of Operations and Service who can not only absorb the learnings we have from the last 10 years, but who can improve our strategy and tactics, constantly innovate in small ways, and help set us up to scale on the accountant side of the business.
What You Will Do:
- Oversee 3 direct reports and high-level management of a team of 40+ accountant contractors
- Create management tactics appropriate for a large team and focused on meeting KPIs, in a scale-able and systematized way
- Ensure the accountant contractor team is fully staffed at a high-quality level
- Onboarding/Offboarding of accountant contractors
- Function as lead on creating the right workflows/processes/systems in Salesforce to set people up for success
- Drive all internal communications to achieve a few key objectives:
- Create clarity for what’s expected from accountants and share best practices on how to effectively use our systems and procedures, as well as how to best service customers
- Create an atmosphere of growth, community, and skill-sharing amongst the team
- Set the bar high and constantly re-instill the value of Greenback as a great place for contractors to work
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively, tactfully, and with presence both in written and verb form.
- Proven experience working 100% remotely in prior roles.
- Experience managing a team of 30+ people, using data and process vs one to one management approach.
- Best in class executive function skills (attention to detail, organization skills, technical prowess, etc.).
- Process focused thinker- someone who can map out a process end to end, document, and manage in a structured, thoughtful, but simple way.
- Advanced ability to use data to manage a large group including metrics and data analysis to understand trends, manipulate data, etc.
- Strong technical ability (Salesforce). This person would be a superuser and needs to be able to work with a development agency and our marketing team to ensure the setup for the accountants enables them to be successful and productive.
- We’re looking for someone who’s a great fit for our company culture. We’re a small, tight-knit team, all of us working remotely from home offices. We’re growing fast (check us out on the INC 5000 list – woohoo!). We’re obsessive about customer experience, believe that planning is the key to success, and like to work hard and make things happen, but also live our lives outside of the (home) office too! We’re looking for someone who is confident, reliable, an excellent communicator loves working in a fast-paced team, and is able to get things done with minimal supervision (we don’t like looking over your shoulder and don’t think you’d like that either).
What We Offer:
- The opportunity for you to work with highly talented, communicative, make-it-happen people who also love adventures.
- A seat on our leadership team long term.
- Very generous time-off policy – in 2020, we have 16 company paid holidays and a take-what-you-need policy on time off.
- We have an excellent benefits package that includes a 401k plan (with company match), medical, vision, and dental coverage (We pay 75% of your premium), and short term disability (We cover 100% of the cost)!
- This role will work hand in hand with the CEO/COO, so you’ll get lots of access to mentorship.
About Greenback:Greenback makes life better for Americans living abroad and aims to take away the anxiety and hassle of helping US expats become and stay compliant with their US taxes while overseas.
- We cherish feedback and consider it a gift to each other and from our customers.
- We build trust by providing a painless tax preparation experience that our customers can’t help but tell their friends, family, and expat communities about us.
- We make decisions quickly and effectively using data with customer needs always in the forefront of our minds.
- We strive for simplicity and seek to continually improve processes both internally and externally.
- We think and strategize like a large company while maintaining the heart, passion, and pace of a small company.
- We understand that expat taxes are not one size fits all and provide confidence to our customers through our deep expertise in expat tax.
- We believe that detailed planning and flawless execution are critical for a smooth-running operation.
- We hold ourselves to the highest standards and we are accountable for the success of our role within the business. Being accountable includes an obligation to make things better, to pursue excellence, and to do things in ways that further the goals of the business.
- We approach each day and the new challenges it brings with a positive attitude, an open mind, and a can-do spirit! We celebrate and honor each other’s contributions proactively.