Shogun, and we're on a mission to help people create the best eCommerce experiences in the world.
We were in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, we just raised a Series A investment, we have over 14,000 active paying clients, and we're preparing to launch a new product in 2020 (you can read more in Tech Crunch).
Our teams are fully distributed and global (check out our team page)! We have no office, so we are looking for team members that are comfortable with and motivated by the opportunity to work remotely.
In This Role You Will…
- Prepare Shogun for our next phase of growth. You will streamline, expand, and systematize the People Operations processes and infrastructure.
- Build and grow the People Operations team at Shogun
- Serve as a business partner to the executive team, providing guidance on and frameworks for DEI, performance management, compensation, organizational development, compliance and more.
- Ensure compliance with local regulations in all jurisdictions where Shogun has People Operations
- Define, measure, analyze and report on People Operations KPIs to support effective decision making
- Work with the Director of Talent Acquisition and Marketing to build Shogun's employer brand
- Design and maintain compensation and total rewards programs in alignment with our company values
- Continuously improve our remote onboarding experience
- Develop strategy for ongoing L&D programs, support departmental L&D initiatives.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in People Operations/Human Resources, with at least three years of experience leading a People Operations team
- Broad knowledge of People Operations, including labor laws (ideally spanning US/UK/Canada and others), building company culture, L&D, DEI principles, etc.
- Prior experience leading and growing a People Ops team at a rapidly expanding SaaS company, ideally with a remote workforce
- Prior experience integrating DEI principles into all facets of People Operations practices and strategy
- Proven experience working cross-functionally with executives and managers at all levels of an organization
- Authorization to work either in the US or Canada.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to adapt to quickly changing priorities. You thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Passionate about DEI principles and applying them to all aspects of your work in People Operations
- Someone who cares deeply about fostering a positive company culture and work environment
- A creative and proactive problem solver with a mind for process improvement
- Able to simultaneously “roll up your sleeves” and delegate.
- An exceptional communicator, a servant leader, and a team builder
- Competitive salary
- Benefits (vary by location)
- A highly skilled and dedicated team that is fun to work with.
- A remote-first company—our global team has been working remotely from the beginning!
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what's right over what's easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other.
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent.
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth.
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected classApply for this Job