Who We Are
Cobalt (cobalt.io) is a fast growing cybersecurity start-up headquartered in San Francisco. Cobalt is providing a Pentest as a Service platform which leverages the sharing economy to find global security talent to help secure companies and their users. We have Scandinavian roots, an American base and a global outlook. Our offices in San Francisco, Berlin, and remote roles are characterized by a fun, fast-paced and collaborative culture based on individual responsibility and ownership.
We’re looking for a Director of Product Marketing to drive Cobalt’s product story and accelerate the adoption of Cobalt’s PtaaS Platform within the information security market. You’ll do this by delivering the right content at each stage of the customer’s adoption journey, by equipping sales with the right stories and talking points, and by evolving the product brand through launches.
Product marketing is a highly strategic function at Cobalt, where you’ll collaborate on go-to-market across Product, Sales, and Marketing. You’ll track success against shared goals, report on progress and learnings along the way, and constantly look for creative ways to improve. You thrive in a small, nimble environment and have a quick start mentality — able to get to MVP fast and adapt to changes with ease.
You’re a product marketer who has a passion for understanding how and why customers use a product. As a natural storyteller, you can easily translate that knowledge into compelling positioning and content. You’re comfortable designing big bold product launches and then leading the entire company to execute against a plan.
What You Would Do
- Strategic Product Positioning – Spend time with customers so that you can craft the best positioning for Cobalt’s products. Know the problems to solve jobs to be done, software development stack, and workflows. Empathize with the problems they experience and what motivates them. Then teach this to the rest of Cobalt and use it to inform our product messaging.
- Product Launches – Launch products and features to market. Work with product, sales, and marketing to develop a strategy, align the company on a plan, and then take the reins and manage the entire effort.
- Sales Enablement – Work with sales managers to develop and execute an enablement plan. Then build the pitch decks, product training, and customer-facing content that sales needs to educate our customers.
You Must Have
- Five or more years of product marketing experience under your belt
- Led product marketing in a high growth organization
- Enjoy mentoring and coaching talented product marketing professionals
- Background in development-tech— maybe it was a 15-week software engineering bootcamp, or you picked up coding for fun on weekends, or you have an engineering degree.
- Enjoy writing and can point to some work you’re proud of.
- You're a natural storyteller and an excellent communicator who easily explains complex technical concepts with examples, analogies, and stories.
- You’ve done some work as a company spokesperson, e.g. speaking at events, talking to press, and/or briefing members of the analyst community.
- You're a detail-oriented project manager that not only builds the strategy for projects such as product launches and content initiatives, but also works across the organization to get it done.
- Managed people in the past and love nurturing talented people
Why You Should Join Us
- Opportunity to join and grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry
- Competitive compensation & attractive equity plan
- Flexible paid time-off & travel policies
- Regularly planned team outings and company events
- Paid parental leave
- 401(k) program to help you save for the future (US only)
- Medical, dental, and life insurance benefits (US only)