At a Glance:
An Updates Editor at Healthline uses SEO best practices and tools to update and improve existing content. They will exhibit solid editing abilities and excellent project management, communication, and collaboration skills. They work closely with medical reviewers, the SEO team, freelancers, designers, and copy editors to edit and move content through the update process.
Healthline Media aims to provide users with solutions or next steps for their health and wellness. Researching or buying a product is often that next step, so we provide shoppable experiences in product roundups and reviews, and occasionally in other content if deemed to add value for the reader. This position will focus on refreshing articles with shoppable content to ensure that they’re relevant and accurate and offer readers the best information and experience.
An ideal candidate for this position will be excited about the role they’ll play in providing vital information to help people make important decisions about products and services in the health and wellness space.
Join the world’s fastest-growing digital health platform, with a global audience of more than 200 million monthly readers. Healthline is one of the largest brands within the Red Ventures portfolio and includes prestigious digital properties such as Healthline.com, Medical News Today, and Greatist. We’re looking for a wide range of talent to help us continue to build a stronger, healthier world.
What You’ll Do:
- Research products related to a broad range of health topics to update, assign, review, and edit 25 articles per month.
- Independently handle edits from initial review, through copy edit, med review, design, and publishing.
- Assign, fact check, edit, and rewrite content according to the specific editorial standards of our brands.
- Work closely with Medical, SEO, Product, and Design teams to apply best practices to on-site shoppable experiences across all our properties.
- Develop a process around maintenance of content geared toward shoppable experiences.
- Review and incorporate medical reviewer comments and revisions.
- Manage publication timelines and reshuffle as needed based on stakeholder needs.
- Coordinate and manage all assets for content, including photos, videos, and social media embeds.
- QA published content.
What We’re Looking For:
- At least 2 years of editorial experience
- Strong research, writing, and editorial skills, with the ability to edit and rewrite quickly on deadline
- Experience creating or editing content based on SEO concepts and best practices
- Experience with product editing, writing, or reviewing strongly preferred
- Knowledge and interest in health and wellness topics and products
- Excellent communication and project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize workload
- Experience working with a house style guide
- Ability to grasp the voice, style, and tone of different brands, and edit according to their unique standards
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with a team
- Comfort and confidence making content decisions
- Working knowledge of WordPress is a plus
- Experience working with clinician reviewers in an editorial capacity preferred
- Experience working with freelance writers preferred
A Red Ventures Brand:
Healthline.com is the fastest growing health information brand, the largest health site in the US (per comScore) and reaches over 200 million people a month globally. The business is high growth and solidly profitable, employing ~300 people in San Francisco, New York and the UK. We are a purpose-driven organization with a vision to create a stronger, healthier world.
Healthline is a certified Great Place to Work and has been named to the Top 5 in Ad Age’s Best Places to Work. Check out these links to learn more about what it’s like to work at Healthline Media.
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.Apply for this Job