At American Journal Experts (AJE), we help researchers successfully communicate their work through trusted author-oriented solutions to overcome the barriers to the manuscript preparation process. We are actively recruiting independent contractors from a variety of Earth Science fields to edit scholarly manuscripts originally written by non-native English speakers so that language is not a barrier to research communication. AJE’s independent contract editors work remotely from anywhere with a stable internet connection, can edit within their areas of academic expertise and are compensated based on manuscript length. If editing assignments are made available to the contractor pool, contract editors are under no obligation to accept assignments.
Our current needs are in the following fields:
- Atmospheric sciences
- Climate analysis and modeling
- Economic geology
- Geographic information systems
- Historical geography and stratigraphy
- Petroleum geology
- Physical geography
- Planetary geology
To qualify as an independent contract editor, applicants must:
- either be enrolled in a graduate program or possess a graduate degree;
- have native English proficiency; and
- have a documented current or former affiliation (in the form of a degree, current enrollment, postdoctoral training, employment, or faculty appointment) with one of the US schools or institutions from which we recruit Earth Science editors.
Independent Contract Editor–Earth Sciences
- Entry Leve