CSU Global is seeking a Communications Coordinator to join our marketing team. The Communications Coordinator will support and execute targeted community outreach and communication efforts through omni-channel marketing to support organic top funnel engagement, leads, and students. This position will be responsible for the coordination, execution, and dissemination of communication deliverables in order to advance the university’s mission and brand awareness. This position will maintain stakeholder audience lists and manage the effective delivery of communication strategies through mediums including but not limited to social media, email marketing, PR, reputation management and outreach, et al. as aligned with the university mission, vision, values, and objectives. Candidates located in the Denver Metropolitan area must be available for on-campus work in the Aurora, CO location with remote options available. This person will report to the Director of Strategic Communications and Engagement.
About Colorado State University Global:
Our Mission: Colorado State University Global is committed to advancing student success in a global society, investing in human capital, expanding the state economy, and enhancing the quality of life for citizens in the state of Colorado and beyond by providing access to dynamic degree programs characterized by academic excellence, innovative delivery technologies, and strong stakeholder engagement. Our Vision: CSU Global Campus is the premier provider of innovative, higher learning opportunities for nontraditional students in Colorado and beyond.
Colorado State University Global (CSU Global) was created by the Colorado State University System Board of Governors in 2007 as the first 100 percent online state university in the United States. CSU Global is focused on facilitating adult success in a global marketplace through career-relevant education including bachelor's degree completion and master's degree programs. Embracing the land grant heritage as part of the Colorado State University System, CSU Global sets the standard for quality and innovation in higher education through its expert faculty trained in working with adults in an online learning environment, and through its dedication to student retention, graduation and workplace success. CSU Global’s student focus requires employees to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, team environment.
Job Duties/Performance Objectives:
- Support and execute targeted communication and outreach efforts through various channels including website, email, blog, newsletters, events, and sponsorships to support organic top funnel engagement and drive leads/students.
- Manage the daily execution, engagement, and advancement of the University’s social media channels to align with communication strategies and within response time SLAs
- Support brand and reputation management by monitoring and responding to all public reviews, working with internal and external individuals and across the CSU Global organization to coordinate appropriate responses.
- Contribute to the institution’s external awareness through collecting data from institutional research, providing updated messages, submitting surveys, and auditing external profiles, review, and ranking sites.
- Coordinate email marketing efforts including building newsletter, email messages, and list maintenance of university stakeholders (including but not limited to staff, faculty, students, prospective students, and alumni) within the CRM system.
- Analyze and report out on performance and effectiveness of communication and community outreach to provide actionable optimization recommendations to increase organic top funnel engagement and drive leads/students.
- Research and audit prospective outreach opportunities such as channels, events, and opportunities to provide data-driven recommendations for impactful organic top funnel engagement and drive leads/students.
- Support internal communications strategies to ensure staff and faculty have timely and accurate information about marketing campaigns, program launches, and university initiatives
- Assist the department and university in creating communications and opportunities that showcase the success of our students including events, commencement, student and alumni quotes and testimonials, pr, etc.
- Monitor and respond to all correspondences sent to outreach related inboxes within 24 business hours.
- Able to take direction and coaching
- Ability to work effectively both independently and collaboratively with multi-departmental priorities
- Detail-oriented with strong organization, project management, critical thinking, and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn quickly and multi-task to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communications, as well as proven time management skills
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Ability to connect the needs and goals of teams with marketing activities
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Results Driven
- Strategic Thinking
- Team Work
- Work Knowledge
Experience & Education Requirements:
- 1 to 3 years of experience in, marketing, communications, social media management, outreach or related field
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs
- Undergraduate degree in marketing, communications, public relations, business, or other applicable areas of study
Applications will be accepted until an appointment is made. Applications must include: resume; cover letter addressing interest and qualifications; names, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses for three references. Applications will be held in confidence except for the individuals invited for campus interviews. All applications should be in Microsoft Word format.
Performance assessments are required to help determine the candidate’s ability to perform the duties of the job. The performance assessment will test the candidate’s ability to apply the skills and competencies listed above.
CSU Global offers employer contributions to medical, dental, group life, AD&D coverage, Wellness benefit and training & development opportunities. Additional employee-paid benefits are available for vision, FSA/HSA, voluntary life, and voluntary AD&D coverage, critical illness and accident insurance. CSU Global also offers a 401a retirement account with a generous employer match, 100% tuition assistance for CSU Global programs (Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees), paid sick time, paid vacation time, 10 holidays per year and the potential to work remotely. CSU Global employees are state employees and have access to the Colorado State Employee Assistance Program (C-SEAP) resources. Discounted pet insurance is also available.
Starting salary is $45,000+ depending on experience.
The successful candidate must pass a background check.
Colorado State University System is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding affirmative action requirements. In order to assist Colorado State University System in meeting its affirmative action responsibilities, ethnic minorities, women, and other protected class members are encouraged to apply and to also identify themselves.