At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems. Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other’s strengths and sharing in successes.
The Graphic Designer is responsible for working with other staff members and departments enterprise-wide to develop, design, and coordinate production of various graphic materials; these designs will be used for Delta Dental’s internal and external communications.
How you will make an impact:
- Produces and designs print and electronic documents for internal and external communications for enterprise departments.
- Executes designs, and/or electronic files for print or electronic use.
- Assists senior designers as needed, to produce projects.
- Reviews and approves proofs to ensure quality and accuracy of corporate materials with regard to branding, legal and regulatory guidelines.
- Attends press checks as necessary.
- Reviews incoming work and provides or obtains approvals as necessary; contacts in-house clients to expedite and clarify job requests.
- Performs production in the graphics area, completing all tasks and projects in order to meet or exceed production deadlines.
- Performs variable data programming and scripting for optimization and automation of production graphics.
- Designs materials to fit specific characteristics that represent the company’s corporate branding.
- Determines and organizes information given from the client, system data or research, and regulatory information to produce a quality design.
- Makes appropriate design and regulatory decisions and follows through on requests.
- Organizes, archives, and maintains collections of document sets and subsets for production needs; communicates new or updated document releases.
- Provides document technical support for web or print versions.
- Coordinates, creates, and maintains translated documents, files and logs.
- Oversees maintenance of departmental artwork records and files, print and electronic artwork drives, and artwork tracking logs and tables.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned.
What we look for:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education is preferred, but candidates with proven experience will not be excluded from consideration.
- Ability to work remotely
- A minimum of 3 years related experience as a Graphic Artist with creative workstations.
- Familiarity with networked PC and MAC design/production environment.
- Knowledge of Web Design and HTML.
- Working knowledge of Macintosh and related production equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot prepress productions.
- Ability to attend offsite press checks before and after regular work hours.
- Knowledge of Desktop prepress software: Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Illustrator, Quark Xpress, Adobe Photoshop, and Presentation Software.
- Ability to build mechanicals for proofing and press purposes.
- Knowledge of Process Color and Pantone Color systems.
- Ability to time-manage projects to meet overall required deadlines.
- Ability to be detail-oriented as well as a problem-solver.
- Knowledge and application of English grammar including composition, editing and proofreading skills.
- Strong organizational/time management and project management skills, and multi-tasking abilities.
- Knowledge of health care industry issues is a plus.
- Knowledge of Delta Dental products, policies, claims, eligibility and underwriting guidelines is a plus.
Benefits and perks:
- 12 days starting vacation plus 12 holidays and your birthday off!
- Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost premiums.
- 100% paid dental insurance.
- 100% paid vision insurance.
- Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive.
- Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve your skills.
- Career growth: we love promoting from within!
- Strong commitment to work/life balance.
- Technology allowance.
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities.
At Delta Dental we:
Promote accountability, integrity and collaboration: Our employees are collaborative, self-aware, and ethical. It is our expectation to do the right thing and follow through on commitments.
Foster professional development: Our employees take ownership of developing themselves and others through coaching, mentoring and providing/being open to constructive feedback and identifying learning opportunities.
Value customers and cultivate positive experiences: Our employees take time to build rapport with customers, while anticipating and exceeding their needs to ensure positive outcomes.
If you think this sounds like you, let’s chat. We would love to tell you more!
Follow us @lifeatDDins on Instagram, lifeatDDins on Facebook, @lifeatDDins on Twitter
ABOUT Delta Dental
Delta Dental covers more Americans than any other dental benefits provider. As an employee you’ll take part in our mission to become the trusted health partner by collaborating with our communities and employees to reimagine and deliver new possibilities in an ever-changing environment. Our Enterprise Strategy focuses on pillars of Growth and Diversification, supported by the platforms of Culture and People, Process and Technology. Our employees take pride working for a purpose-driven organization and live our values of Trust, Service, Excellence and Innovation.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc., Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company, together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation’s largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39 Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other classification protected by federal or state law. In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be provided if selected for hire.Apply for this Job