Who We Are:
At Flockjay, we are here to empower upward mobility through education and access. Our goal is to create pathways to future-proof careers for people from non-traditional and underrepresented backgrounds. We have an experienced team from companies like Airbnb, Intercom, Dropbox, and Teach for America, and have raised capital from the best investors in the industry, including Y Combinator, Serena Williams, and Lightspeed Ventures.
Tomorrow's companies will be defined by how they invest in people. Our team is small and growing – join us and make a meaningful impact. Let’s build a generational company together.
Who You Are:
As Flockjay’s Head of Career Services, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining an environment where our Career Service Managers can best support the success and growth of our Tech Fellows. The Career Services team at Flockjay is the bridge between our Tech Fellows and our Hiring Partners. We combine our expertise in tech sales recruiting with behavioral coaching skills to train, nurture, and support students on their path from Flockjay to job offer and beyond. Equally as important, we work with our partners to understand their hiring needs and develop an equitable, inclusive hiring plan that places our graduates and rethinks how tech salespeople are interviewed and hired.
This opportunity is unique as it requires someone who can thrive in a player-coach position. While our Head of Career Services will eventually focus only on managing our Career Services team and cross-functional program development, they will initially also step in to directly support our Tech Fellows and Hiring Partners.
As our Head of Career Services, you will report directly to our Head of Operations and manage a team of two. This position is fully remote however we are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
What You'll Do
- Manage our growing Career Services team, providing development opportunities and performance feedback
- Create, implement, and improve on candidate support programs that ensure Flockjay graduates are equipped with the training and skills necessary to secure job offers
- Design, implement, and maintain scalable processes for various Career Services programs (i.e. role scoping meetings, interview coaching, etc.)
- Standardize and track key metrics using Salesforce and other data platforms to ensure a high placement rate for Flockjay candidates
- Ensure a smooth transition for our Tech Fellows during hand off from Learning Team to Career Services and then Career Services to Hiring Partnerships Team
- Build strong relationships with hiring partners and follow up with them to ensure they efficiently move candidates through the hiring pipeline
- Coach candidates through the interview process and connect them with the appropriate resources to ensure success
- Assist with in-class job-readiness training & strategy, including: interview coaching & curriculum, resume readiness, etc.
What You'll Bring
- Connectivity – you have a high EQ and you’re excellent at coaching recruiters, motivating candidates, and influencing hiring partners
- Relevant experience – you have 3+ years of Recruiting and/or bootcamp experience (preferably in tech sales!), 2+ years of people management experience, demonstrated ability to scale teams, and experience working directly with clients or key stakeholders
- Process-Driven – you have demonstrated success rolling out and managing programs at scale; you’ve taken things from 0 to 1
- Scrappy – you understand the hustle of working at an early-stage, high-growth startup and are motivated by the impact you make
- Grit – you’re willing to take initiative and work autonomously knowing you have the full support of the teamPassion for education and access to economic opportunity for people from non-traditional and underrepresented backgrounds
- Data Skills – you understand that relationship building is half art and half science and value them both equally
Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Flockjay
We believe diversity is strength & difference is a teacher. We know we'll do our best and most impactful work when we feel we're represented and we belong. We strive to provide the support required to create a safe, positive environment.
We're proud to actively recruit and hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We believe organizations must build diversity, inclusion, and belonging into their DNA. Those that do so will build better products, provide better services, and be positive forces in the world.Apply for this Job