As the Head of Communications, you’ll own all initiatives for advancing Chainlink networks, communities, and the broader ecosystem. You’ll lead global brand marketing and creative strategies for all external communications, including the website, PR, blog, research, social media, analyst relations, conference management, speaking appearances, and more. You will be behind Chainlink’s public brand, and work directly with our CMO and executive team to strategize, design, and execute the communications strategy for our product globally.
- Create a compelling brand message and thought leadership point of view; shape the global narrative around smart contracts and Chainlink’s role within it
- Develop and execute a world-class media strategy that shares the Chainlink story across the international business, trade (blockchain/tech) and mainstream press
- Partner with our PR agency to drive meaningful coverage across press, podcast, video and other media
- Oversee all external communications including Chainlink product launches and third party ecosystem announcements with partners, projects, node operators, integrators, users, etc.
- Create and execute a comprehensive global content strategy; collaborate with country managers to localize content across various geographies
- Oversee a wide range of content creation including press releases, media pitches, and all other materials required to support communications, public relations, and analyst relations strategies
- Oversee social media strategy (Twitter, etc.)
- Collaborate with the executive team to develop their point of view and provide media training/coaching as needed to help establish them as experts in the field
- Strengthen our relationships with top research analysts through one-on-one engagements, briefings, and proactive outreaches
- Manage speaking opportunities at conferences and other in-person events
- Oversee the execution of the Smart Contract Summit developer and community conference
- Develop a crisis communications practice and playbook
- Build and lead a team of exceptional communications professionals; manage a team of writers, videographers, press agencies, social media managers, event organizers and content producers
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- 7+ years of experience in communications, marketing or related fields
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and storytelling skills to express messages concisely and compellingly
- Demonstrated ability to understand a complex technical subject matter and to simplify and explain it to a broader audience
- Confidence working in a fast-paced environment; ability to deliver a quality product under time-bound and high stakes circumstances
- Proven track record of building long-term, beneficial relationships with media and analysts
- Experience successfully managing agencies, clients and/or direct reports
- Experience working with global companies and audience bases in multiple languages
- Experience working on developer tools, technical products, and open-source a plus
- Ability to keep up to date with the latest news and discoveries in the blockchain and technology space
- Passion for the blockchain space and its power to change the world for the better
Smart contracts are on track to revolutionize how all agreements work, through an entirely new system of technologically enforced contract guarantees. Chainlink enables next-generation smart contracts that can be written about any/all events in the real world, the details of our approach can be found in our whitepaper. We are well recognized for providing highly secure and reliable blockchain connectivity to the world's largest enterprises such as Google, Oracle, SWIFT, and many more.
This role is location agnostic anywhere in the world. Though we ask that you overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
We are a fully distributed team and have the tools and benefits to support you in your remote work environment.
Chainlink Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.