At Doist, our mission is to inspire the workplace of the future by creating simple yet powerful productivity tools that promote a more fulfilling way to work and live.
We’re a multidisciplinary, fully-remote, team that’s passionate about creating products, like Todoist and Twist, that improve people’s lives. We thrive on innovating new solutions to old productivity challenges and we seek to rethink how productivity tools are made.
Our Core Values
They are few, but they are mighty. From creating processes to decision-making and recruiting, we build our five core values into nearly every single thing we do.
- Independence. Others can trust that you’ll deliver on time and your teammates don’t need to worry about you keeping your word.
- Mastery. You love what you do and care deeply about the quality of your work, down to the smallest details. You’re continuously learning and pushing yourself to the limits of your ability. You’re never satisfied with the status-quo.
- Communication. Your communication is clear, concise, and engaging whether you’re explaining a complex idea or providing feedback to a teammate.
- Ambition & Balance. You aspire to put a dent in the universe. To do this, you set high standards for yourself and those around you. The time you spend on work isn’t measured by quantity, but by quality.
- Impact. You’re able to take a bird’s eye view to pinpoint and then solve issues that have a high impact on our customers, our team, and our company. You’re committed to the health and success of both your teammates and Doist as a company.
We invite you to visit our blog to learn more about us, our values, and how we work.
As Doist’s first in-house video producer, you’ll collaborate closely with the Design, Marketing and Support teams to create and edit a variety of videos that showcase Doist’s products, users and thought-leadership. The videos you’ll create will range from animated tutorials and promotional videos to case studies and Q&As that feature real humans like our users and team members. You’ll update outdated videos and will be able to reformat newly-produced videos to fit various formats (Help Center, social media, blog, etc). On a day-to-day basis, you’ll:
- Produce and edit marketing videos for Doist marketing campaigns and landing pages.
- Animate the Doist products’ UIs using artwork provided by designers for marketing videos and help tutorials.
- Keep up with current video platforms (Youtube, Wistia, social media, etc.) to best utilize their features, technical details, and analytics capabilities.
- Drive the video strategy as part of our brand and marketing objectives.
It’s important to us that the person we hire can thrive in this role. Here’s a snapshot of what that looks like:
- You enjoy collaborating with others from different backgrounds and professions to create engaging, approachable video content.
- You’re curious about understanding the needs and motivations of the people who watch our video content.
- You’re able to communicate and explain your ideas clearly and are welcoming of feedback.
- You’re energized by learning new skills and techniques and are always striving to improve your capabilities.
- You’re comfortable managing the pre-production, production and post-production of all videos. If a video requires more than a 1-person production crew, you are comfortable working with contractors and coordinating with third party agencies remotely.
- You understand storytelling and can express your ideas through writing and storyboarding.
- You feel comfortable directing live interviews and simple productions.
- You value the importance of sound design and are able to harmoniously incorporate sound effects and music into videos to enhance the narrative.
- You’re familiar with basic graphic design principles and tools (color, composition, typography) and are able to leverage an existing brand and design system.
- You can generate 2D and 3D graphics using After Effects.
Our perks and benefits are designed to provide the freedom and support you need to grow personally and professionally. Here’s what that looks like:
- Work from anywhere in the world. We never place restrictions on locations.
- Design your own schedule. Work no more than 40 hours/week.
- Competitive pay. Our formula-based salary calculation provides a highly competitive rate based on your skills and location.
Expand your professional skills
- Pursue personal projects. All Doisters get one month per year to spend on a work-related project they’re passionate about
- Attend conferences. You’ll have a recurring budget to spend on attending conferences that grow your professional knowledge, skills, and network.
- Company retreats. Our annual company-wide retreats are unforgettable.
Craft your ideal work environment
- Cozy up at a coworking space. Find a coworking space that’s right for you and Doist will cover the expense.
- Apps and services budget. You’ll have a monthly budget to spend on services that help you do your job.
- Hardware budget. You’ll have access to a recurring budget to spend on work-related equipment.
Focus on your well-being
- Generous time off. Doisters get 8 weeks (40 days) of PTO/year to use as they wish on vacations and national holidays.
- Parental leave. New parents receive 5 weeks of paid parental leave in addition to 13 weeks of paid pregnancy-related medical leave.
- Invest in your health and wellness. You’ll have a monthly budget to spend on things like gym membership, healthy snacks, massages, health insurance, etc.