DreamView is looking for an experienced Lead Editor to join our team! We are looking for someone to lead our department and help further develop our Editorial Department.
This is a remote/telecommute position. The studio is 100% virtual and allows the applicant to work anywhere in the world!
- Assemble work-in-progress and final materials to create various editorial outputs
- Work alongside Director(s) and Producer(s) to address internal and external notes, making creative revisions as requested in an iterative workflow
- Set a standard for the Editorial Department with regard to timing of shots in storyboard animatics, making sure they indicate the desired animation output
- Set a standard with regard to QC checks on all exports so that they meet specified internal and external delivery requirements
- Establish and maintain a well organized studio-wide filing system for all projects (so that any editor is able to open any project and know where everything should be)
- Responsible for creating/organizing a re-use library system for storyboards and final animation that can be used for any episode in its series
- Delegate editorial tasks to Editors & Assistant Editors and monitor timely completion of such tasks
- 3-5 years previous experience in an editorial department, preferably working on animated series
- 3+ years experience working online and offline with Avid Media Composer on storyboard animatics, animation and comp stages of production
- Knowledge of networking multiple Avid systems (Nexis Pro)
- A strong sense of storytelling with the ability to “pre-edit” an episode before it’s presented to the Director and make appropriate creative suggestions in reviews
- Extensive experience with audio, music and sound effects
- Experience exporting and delivering multiple files types according to predetermined schedules and delivery specs
- Strong communication skills and a proven ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently
- Extreme attention to detail and the ability to set a standard for the department to follow that high level of excellence
- An online portfolio showcasing numerous examples of recent work
- Experience working on both 2D & CG animated series (Bonus)
- Knowledge of other editing software programs (i.e. Premiere, Final Cut Pro) (Bonus)
- Some knowledge of After Effects (Bonus)
- Good sense of visual composition & colour correction (Bonus)
DreamView Studios was founded by veteran CGI visionaries with 100+ years combined experience in creating CGI & Visual Effects for blockbuster movies, AAA games, commercials, and eCommerce products, hailing from companies such as Disney, Industrial Light & Magic, Pixar, and Electronic Arts.
The DreamView™ cloud platform and production services help businesses create, manage, and distribute photoreal and Augmented Reality CGI products and media for eCommerce sites, marketing initiatives, consumer experiences, and more. Virtual products, lifestyle scenes, and video creation is not only faster and less costly than traditional set design and layout but also provide infinitely reusable 3D CGI assets and media. The company’s proprietary platform and process facilitates streamlined product development and visualization and is globally scalable.
DreamView's team is completely virtual with employees across the globe. We offer competitive compensation, benefits, unlimited time-off, massive growth opportunities, and a supportive and knowledgeable team to facilitate your success.Apply for this Job