About the UniversityWestern Washington University, with over 16,000 students in seven colleges and the graduate school, is nationally recognized for its educational programs, students and faculty. The campus is located in Bellingham, Washington, a coastal community of 90,000 overlooking Bellingham Bay, the San Juan Islands and the North Cascades Mountain range. The city lies 90 miles north of Seattle and 60 miles south of Vancouver, British Columbia. Western is the highest-ranking public, master's-granting university in the Pacific Northwest, according to the 2019 U.S. News & World Report rankings.
About the DepartmentCampus Compact supports Western's mission, which states that together with our students, staff, and faculty, we are committed to making a positive impact in the state and the world with a shared focus on academic excellence and inclusive achievement. We encourage applications from women, people of color, people with disabilities, veterans, and other candidates from underrepresented backgrounds and with diverse experiences interested in this opportunity.
About the Position
This Enrollment Coordinator will be the point of contact for prospective members and oversee all stages of the enrollment process for AmeriCorps members. Responsibilities include:
- Provide customer service, training and technical support to interested applicants for the AmeriCorps program
- Ensure all pre-enrollment program documentation is complete, accurate, timely and compliant with program and AmeriCorps policies/procedures
- Conduct, certify, track and maintain documentation of all required National Service Criminal History Checks on program participants
- Provide technical support to candidates with online registration in the AmeriCorps portal to assure completeness of their enrollment process
The State HR title for this position is Program Specialist 2.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and data sets with a high-level attention to detail
- Understanding of AmeriCorps programs
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience with compliance enforcement
- Experience with electronic confidential record maintenance and transfer
- Ability to work independently and remotely
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience working or serving with AmeriCorps programs
- Experience training and monitoring program compliance
Bargaining UnitThis position is covered by a Washington Federation of State Employees bargaining union. New employees are eligible for membership under the current collective bargaining agreement at 350 hours of employment.