- How 'bout we skip ahead to the world-saving part of this job? We are biased – but we are pretty sure our client is making an impact and we want you to join them. We really believe that they are changing the world (you will see what we mean when you meet the Founder!) Let’s face it though, the job is not all saving the environment and all the animals in it – there is some good news and there is some bad news.
Let’s get the bad news out of the way first:
- You won’t get rich at this job, but you'll be appreciated and taken care of. The pay is $20-$25/hour. This leader has aggressive goals and this is a start-up environment. If this is a side hustle for you and you don't want to grow, don't apply. However, if you are seeking a job to join the “Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous”, it is now the “suckiest” part-time admin job ever.
- TL/DR: You've got to read the entire job description. Yes, it's long. But it's worth it and we will know if you didn’t. If you aren’t willing to do that, don’t apply.
Now let’s talk about the good stuff:
- This is a remote 1099 subcontractor position. No neckties, and no heels required. That’s right, basically, you win back hours of your day not fighting traffic! Okay, so that part is maybe not the greatest, but there are some (truly) great things…
- The work is fun, dynamic and meaningful. You will be working directly for the CEO, whose mission is to help photographers and filmmakers with a passion for wildlife conservation do their best work, so you’ll save the day by helping her by focusing on the details while she casts vision.
- We're not big on stress! So, while you will be expected to work efficiently and get things done, the focus here is on open communication, & having fun while making an impact.
- The hours are super flexible so long as you meet deadlines and are amazing at details and precision. Seriously, she’s a planner, but also a quick start, who cares deeply about precision and excellence. If you care about why the details are important to her, this role is for you.
- You will be the right hand to a visionary leader ready to take on new projects with you by their side with lots of growth potential. Did we mention they want this to be a long-term role where you’ll collaborate on lots of great projects from membership sites, to online digital courses live events (don’t you MISS live events??), and even online group coaching.
Now, let’s talk about the job requirements:
- You need to be the type EA that gets energized by details and precision not overwhelmed by it. You won’t be happy till this client takes a couple of weeks off work and never has to check in because she trusts you enough to handle it.
- You have a very independent thought process. You’ll proactively ask clarifying questions, engage in relationship with your leader, and then off to the races to get your work done timely.
- You’re Confident enough to know when you can figure something out on your own and when you need to ask questions. You’re Curious, Independent, and Invested. Your work matters to you. You speak in WE, not I statements. You’ll call out a shitty mindset and be a cheerleader when you need to be. You’re optimistic and practical. You are not anxious and while you care deeply about the environment and wildlife, you’re not a bleeding heart about it. You just want to roll up your sleeves and get to work.
- You're a systems and process nerd. Organization of all the things is your sweet spot. Filing a receipt, organizing email, following up on a graphic file from a designer, or managing a calendar are all second nature to you. You enjoy the little things as well as the big projects when you know your work is freeing up your leader to bring in revenue, which makes everyone happy!
- Calendar Management to you means you will make sure that everything your leader says they want to do gets scheduled, and that their time and energy is maximized to complete their goals.
- You will be on the computer a lot. So, an understanding of social media, email, navigating the web, and other computer-based stuff will be necessary. You don't have to know all the tech (we'll train you), but you need to not be afraid of tech and figuring things out.
- Documentation is your jam and you're fast, efficient, and detail-oriented and can create SOPs in your sleep because you are damn good at your job.
- You'll help manage email, calendar, and projects and be a gateway for customers. You'll crack a whip regularly to be sure your founder is working on the highest leverage activities each day.
- You need to be a person who loves to deliver remarkable experiences to other people. Whether it’s scheduling a podcast guest or following up for the third time to get someone’s headshot, people say you’re magic at making everyone feel loved, heard and respected. You're not afraid to engage on team meetings and create a safe container for your leaders when they are busy.
- People will rave about how they felt after engaging with you and the Founder will wonder how she ever lived without you. Keeping all the details organized for course launches, projects while staying calm, organized and fun (we like silly around here), is in your DNA it’s so natural to you.
- You care about your work. No, you REALLY CARE. Deforestation, plastic pollution and environmental policy aren’t new terms to you. This CEO dreams of the day she can take a day off and know you’ve got what it takes to run the show because you’re a proven leader who is passionate about the world we live in being around for future generations. If you’re not sure global warming is a thing: this is not the right role for you. If you don’t believe in conservation, you’ll hate this work. Don’t apply.
In short, your job is to help the CEO in any way you can and to have fun at work. The office is casual, but we do expect professionalism, precision, and punctuality. (How’s that for alliteration?)
The role requires 3-5 years of direct EA experience to C-Suite Execs. We expect intelligence, energy, and a get it done attitude.
If this is a job that gets you so excited that you would even do it for free, we're here for it. But if you prefer compensation (and we totally get it…we prefer getting paid as well) this is what we offer: This is a part-time, admin job. The pay is $20-$25 an hour and the hours will be 10 a week. Remember, they want to grow this into a permanent role, so you've got to want to grow with them.
In addition to being a detailed person, you'll know the secret code is: white rhino when you apply. You'll also pay close attention to our instructions and be responsive to our requests, yes, even the one asking for a Loom video (look it up, it's super easy). We can only move as fast as you do.
We want our right fit to start as soon as possible, but we will spend the necessary time to make sure we mesh with proficiency and culture.
We can’t wait to meet you!Apply for this Job