Clarifai is an artificial intelligence company that excels at visual recognition. We do not sell an abstract, futuristic technology – we sell a solution that people can use today to solve real-world problems. We believe that the same AI technology that gives big tech companies a competitive edge should be available to developers and businesses. That’s why we build products to make it easy, quick, and inexpensive for them to innovate with AI, go to market faster, and build better customer experiences. We make “teaching” AI just as accessible as we make using AI, which is why our technology is the most personalized, unbiased, accurate solution in the market.
We have secured $40M in funding up to date, backed by Menlo Ventures, Google Ventures, USV, NVIDIA, Qualcomm, Osage, Lux Capital, LDV Capital, and Corazon Capital. To continue to succeed, we need people like you to join the team!
Clarifai is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Negotiate and draft a wide variety of commercial contracts, including for technically complex projects with many moving parts.
- Ensure compliance with laws and regulations, including data privacy and employment.
- Help build a world-class legal function that can scale with the company and set standards for operational excellence.
- Identify key business risks and prioritize and communicate effective solutions in a fast-paced environment.
- Partner with teams and individuals across the company to help drive business outcomes.
- Effectively manage and liaise with outside counsel for specialized matters.
- Be a thought leader on legal and policy initiatives relevant to the company’s mission and business objectives.
- Learn to do anything that is needed in a startup legal environment and translate learning into practical action given constraints and strategic priorities.
What We Expect From You:
- Active license to practice law in the U.S.
- At least 2 years of experience representing businesses in a firm or in-house setting (solid litigation experience qualifies!)
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Commercial mindset; ability to balance protecting the company with building relationships and opportunities.
- Basic proficiency in intellectual property laws as they apply to technology.
- Ability to wear many different hats and understand the perspectives of different company roles and departments.
- Genuine interest and commitment to learning new things, including any area of law needed for the job.
Nice to haves
- Experience negotiating complex SaaS, technical services, reseller, and other commercial contracts.
- Experience with government contracts or negotiating government concerns.
- Experience with data privacy laws and concepts as applied in practice.
- Experience in a craft or field that you are passionate about in addition to law.
- Experience working in a startup environment, especially tech startups
- Informed interest in emerging technology law and corporate responsibility.