WiFi Tribe isn't a travel company.
Yes, we love to travel – who doesn't? – but what drives us is more powerful than that. It's our belief that life is better when we're together. That, in today's society, people crave connection. WiFi Tribe is built on the modern trend of remote work (and travel), but it's a step back to the basics and to what really matters; community and connection.
We're on a mission to build a global community of people who want to take on the journey of life together.
What could be more worthy of our time?
We, the WiFi Tribe community, are a bunch of remote professionals who live around the world together, one month at a time. On weekdays, we work side-by-side, and on the weekends, we go on adventures together – bucket list experiences or cultural immersions, instead of fancy dinners or Netflix.
Since we started, 5 years ago, our community has grown to 900 remote professionals from 62 nationalities. We’ve explored Africa, the Americas, Europe the Middle East and Asia together. And, beyond our trips (our ‘Chapters') the community exists in little pockets spread all over the world. It’s both a dreamy lifestyle and a powerful network of mission-driven professionals.
WHAT DOES A CHAPTER HOST DO?
Our Chapter Hosts are the most important members of our team. They are the silent leaders who foster our culture, and thereby, make WiFi Tribe what is.
Our Hosts travel the world to live and work side-by-side with all the other members of our community. Each destination is a new ‘Chapter’ where anywhere between 12 to 25 members spend an intentional month together. And our Hosts… well… they host those Chapters.
You might think of our Hosts as a dinner host. A warm, welcoming, authentic personality who brings people together and helps them form surprisingly deep connections in a short period of time.
There’s a certain magic that every Host brings with them, but we also know that a few very specific personality traits and natural talents make our Hosts so good at what they do.
But before you jump up and shout “THIS IS MY DREAM OPPORTUNITY!” you need to know that this job is not easy. It can be tough, draining and more than a little bit daunting. If you want this life the comfortable and ‘easy’ way, you might prefer to join the Tribe as a member.
But, if you’re ready for probably the most challenging and rewarding job of your life, and you love, LOVE people, then we invite you to read on to find out more about the role and who, exactly, we’re looking for…
IS THIS THE RIGHT ROLE FOR YOU?
Before you send in an application, please read the following carefully…
We are searching the world for just a few very specific types of humans.
Our application process takes a lot of time and effort. So, out of respect to your time, we want to help you self-assess whether you are exactly the kind of person we're looking for… To save your time we ask you to fill out an application only if you feel that this role fits you like a glove!
We're saying this because we've had 500 applications the last time we hired Hosts and we are incredibly strict with who we choose for this position.
Here are the 5 most important traits of a Host. If you immediately feel “THIS IS SO ME!” for each of these, we encourage you to read on, and maybe, submit your application:
- You inspire leadership in others: Throughout your life, people have always gravitated around you. You have the ability to bring people together and to make things happen. And you do this by encouraging and inspiring other people to lead. It’s not a forceful style of leadership; you don’t command, dictate or tell people what to do. Instead, it’s a natural – maybe even quiet and subtle – leadership that you have. People join you, love being around you, and more often than not, they’ll take up your mission and make it their own… Do you have this kind of influence?
- You have high emotional intelligence: You understand what other people feel and you intuitively know how to react to those feelings. You understand your own emotions well. If you have the kind of high EQ that we’re looking for, then it will be so obvious to people in your life that your friends, colleagues or family members will have often complemented your empathy and your ability to understand people… Do people tell you this often?
- You are unusually thoughtful: You take EQ and empathy one step further and turn it into thoughtfulness and consideration. You often see the details that other people miss, for example: One of our friends in the group seemed a little sad or disconnected today… Or: If I do this little act of kindness, I know it will mean a lot to this person… Or: I know how much they care about cleanliness, so I’ll be careful to always respect that… People you’ve met have often thanked you for being so thoughtful of them or their needs… Does this sound like you?
- You are a connector: You are able to connect with people from all walks of life (different professions, different cultures and different nationalities) on a deeper level. You don’t just scratch the surface. And you’re a connector of people; you naturally bring people together by subtly making them aware of how amazing the other person is. You don’t need to be the centre of attention, you just love it when everyone is getting along and having a great time together. It hurts you when you see someone excluded and you always find ways to warmly bring them back into the group dynamic… Is this you?
- You are reliable: You pride yourself in being reliable and dependable. The people in your life know that they can trust your word. You have an inner sense of confidence that makes people feel at ease around you. This confidence also allows you to stay true to your values and beliefs, and to be who you are. This, in turn, makes you more dependable… Are you always striving to be this person?
In short, your superpowers are all about people.
If every single one of these felt like it was describing who you are, we encourage you to read on and apply!
- 2+ years experience with leading/managing in-person communities
- You’re currently either: working part-time, freelancing, or running your own business (this is a part-time contractor role, so we won't be able to cover your full-time income needs)
- You're a seasoned international traveller
- You must be able to travel worldwide. Unfortunately, this means that this role is only possible for someone who holds a passport that allows them to easily travel to most countries
For more info on the requirements and how to apply, please see this PDF: join.wifitribe.co/Chapter-Host
- Travel the world, build a powerful global network, grow personally and professionally
- Compensation: $1,500 per trip (5 weeks)
- All flights to, from, and between destinations
- All accommodation while running a trip
For more info on the benefits and how to apply, please see this PDF: join.wifitribe.co/Chapter-Host
HotGhostWriter is hiring freelance and remote ebook writers who would like to keep their calendars full of exciting writing projects!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our brand is synonymous with high-quality writing and a great customer experience, that's our focus. We work with numerous publishers and authors on the production of various services and products to make the book publishing process simple and fun! We're now looking to add a number of new brilliant writers to one of our remote fiction teams (we have a special interest in romance writers).
Read some of our client reviews here: Trustpilot.
- Earn up to $2,250 per project depending on word count. Payments are sent weekly for completed projects. The base rate is $15 per 1,000 words and projects range from 20k words to up to 150k words each.
- 100% remote work.
- Your team's Manager will assign you projects that fit your writing genres. You don't need to bid for projects as they come to you.
- We have great demand for great writers and if you produce excellent books and are great at working with clients we will keep you busy.
WHAT WE SEEK IN THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The main criterion is quality. Great writers keep clients coming back and exciting work on your desk.
We also love writers that are easy to work with, have great attitudes, and are speedy. Our pace is around 2k words per day.
- We're currently only hiring native English writers.
- We're looking for long-term partnerships. This is not a temporary job.
- You must also have previous ghostwriting experience and have written a story of more than 20k words in length.
HOW TO APPLY
We have a simple application form you can fill in. You’ll be asked to select up to three of your favorite subgenres and include a sample for each. Samples should be in doc, docx, or PDF formats only and be between 1,000 to 2,000 words each.
If you’re successful, we’ll contact you for an interview.Apply for this Job