Please properly review this job posting from beginning to end. There are specific application details and steps we would like candidates to follow as part of the Strategyzer recruitment process.
Notice: Applications by coaches and/or general consultants will not be considered. Individual applicants with clear, relevant experience will be contacted following successful application review.
Strategyzer’s success depends on its stellar people. We help leading companies around the world build new engines of growth based on our proven methodology and technology-enabled services.
We are a Swiss success story that has global impact and reach with a fully distributed team that works remotely across over 12 countries. Our team contributes directly to the unique company culture we have today and is committed to transforming traditional management practices to build a truly great place to work.
Strategyzer is seeking an accomplished Product Designer to elevate the user experience of our emerging technology platform. Our platform is the hub for the programs, apps, and services that make up Strategyzer’s core value propositions – it’s where our customers get their jobs done. Enterprise customers depend on our technology to collaboratively design new business ideas and manage complex experimentation; coaches facilitate transformative, visual workshops; and leaders measure and monitor progress across dynamic portfolios. On our platform, learning experiences are practical, and critical business data is visual, connected, and secure. We’re building the operating system for strategic and organizational challenges and our technology platform is its foundation.
You will collaborate to conduct and manage user research, build and test prototypes, maintain common systems, and ensure valid solutions are shipped with clear direction. This is a keystone role. Stakeholders across engineering, product management, service design, brand & visual design, delivery, and strategy will depend on your skills and experience. While strategic direction is clear and accessible, your work to advance the design of the product will be largely self-driven. Experience in low-structure, senior design roles will be critical.
Team members at Strategyzer enjoy:
- World-class team: Be part of a highly visible, globally recognized organization, and contribute to a paradigm shift in strategy and innovation in the world’s leading enterprises.
- Strong company culture: We strive to create an environment with strong psychological safety, and frequent feedback structures, to allow our people to do their best work.
- Flexible working: Work from anywhere globally, or from our physical office hubs in Toronto, Canada, or Zurich, Switzerland. We offer flex hours for our team to work when they are most productive.
- Growth allowance: Professional and personal development are vital at Strategyzer. All team members get an annual growth allowance for conferences, courses, certifications, coaching, and more. We also include an annual book allowance.
The Product Designer’s Mission & Outcomes
As a product designer you get to the problem’s root, you experiment rigorously, and are passionate about your craft.
Your mission is to…
- Collaborate across stakeholders and partners to translate strategy and product opportunities into feasible solutions.
- Design comprehensive, system-oriented patterns, components, and interactions which make our customers’ jobs easier.
- Enable your collaborators with documentation and artifacts which contextualize emerging work.
- Deeply understand the challenges, enablers and key metrics which affect our customers.
- Expand your team’s understanding of the customer and their problems.
- Champion customer needs, accessibility, craftsmanship, and rigorous consistency.
- Break ground for the next members of our growing product and design teams.
Your work will have a big impact…
- Strategyzer’s customers will benefit from accessible, connected digital tools which link the many business critical jobs we support.
- Strategyzer’s key value propositions will be more cohesive; bridged by a common software experience which prioritizes familiarity and fluidity.
- Strategyzer’s product team will be stronger and able to deliver more consistent and thoughtful solutions.
- The millions of business model designers and innovation practitioners who depend on our tools will accomplish more.
- Our customers will create stronger, less risky business models ready to scale.
- Our customers will be strengthened with access to tools and capabilities which power their innovation and transformation into invincible companies.
- Educate and elevate other team members’ understanding of our expanding product design practice.
Requirements For The Role
While this is a remote role, candidates must [ordinarily] reside between GMT-5 and GMT+3 in order to synchronously work with common collaborators in Europe and Canada.
This is an individual contributor role requiring hands-on work. However, this team is growing, designers with working senior/leadership level experience in design management, design operations, etc are encouraged to apply.
All potential candidates will be scored on the following competencies.
1. You strive to be a great human being.
We want world-class human beings who:
- Strive to show deep care and empathy for your team members.
- Have strong integrity and morals that drive your accountability.
- Are open-minded to the views of others, and constantly work to improve themselves for the betterment of the whole team.
2. You perform at the highest level.
These are the technical qualifications we require:
- Advanced experience as digital product designer
- Advanced experience mapping user experiences
- Demonstrated proficiency in visual design – with a focus on interface design
- Mastery of mixed-fidelity prototyping
- Experience with common UX research methods
- Broad experience testing, validating solutions
- Familiarity with service design methods and tools
- Familiarity with common/best practices relating to design systems, pattern libraries
- Familiarity with analytics and data management interface patterns
- Interest in emerging technologies, design patterns and techniques
- Extra bonus: Familiarity with CAD, BIM, 3D modelling, and freeform interfaces
3. You are a great collaborator.
Collaboration is key to our success as a team. We’re seeking a Product Designer who is or has:
- Incredibly hungry and wants to make an impact with our team.
- A customer-first approach to delivering value.
- Enthusiastic about learning our methodologies and tools
- Able to weave between autonomous and collaborative working styles.
- A strong writer and communicator for a fully remote, global environment.
- Not afraid to iterate on an idea or prototype if it means we create better value.
- Able to focus on the bigger picture while paying close attention to the final details that will get us to success.
- Is open to constructive conflict and can navigate challenging feedback.
How We Hire At Strategyzer
We pride ourselves on a robust, fair, and diversity-focused recruitment process. The following steps allow us to find the best fit for this role. Finding the right person is much more important to us than adhering to any deadline, and therefore we will keep this position open until we fill it with the perfect match for us.
Step 1 – Intro to Candidate
Upload your CV in PDF format.
Portfolio submissions are not compulsory for initial applications but please be prepared to provide links and detailed examples of past work.
Create a 4-minute LOOM video intro of yourself answering the following questions:
- What are your career goals?
- What are you not good at or not interested in doing professionally?
- How do you understand the essence of this role, and how would you approach it?
Step 2 – Interviews
- Skills + technical fit interviews
- Reference interviews
- Cultural fit interviews
Step 3 – Working Challenge
Step 4 – Offer