Are you a firearms expert? Do you have a passion for hunting, shooting sports, or self-defense/prepping? Are you looking to write articles or produce videos to share that passion with others on the internet, in exchange for fair compensation? You're in the right place!
We are a firearms blog looking to add 2-3 writers to our team to help expand the content on our site, HuntingMark.com. We cover all aspects of the firearms world, from hunting (of course) to competition shooting, to defensive gun use and training. We are looking for expert writers and video producers to share their knowledge and experience with our 125,000+ monthly visitors.
If you join our team, you'll be working on Reviews, Buying Guides, and How-Tos in order to help our readers learn more about the world of firearms. For this, we're looking for true experts with actual firearms experience.
Please don't waste your time and our own if you don't have experience with some aspect of the firearms world, as well as writing experience.
We are looking for real experts that can produce high-quality content for our readers, and if that sounds like you, we invite you to apply to join our team. Give us accurate, well-written, and well-researched content, and we'll return the favor by supplying you with a consistent, but still flexible workload that you can adjust as needed.
You'll also get to attach your name to a cool project, get to work with some amazing writers, editors, and marketing pros, and may even get your hands on some products from manufacturers to review, either in the form of a blog post or a video.
- Competitive freelance rates
- Good size audience to interact with
- Consistent workload with assignments given out well in advance of due date
- Flexible deadlines
- Stable work as part of a high-performing team
- Potential to receive products from manufacturers for review
- Must have at least 3+ years of firearms industry experience
- Must have writing experience, blogging preferred
- Must be able to commit to at least 1 article per week (2,500-4,000 words)
- Must be comfortable working in Google Drive
- Must be willing to work with basic SEO tools after training (Clearscope)
Extra Credit if you have any of the following:
- Video experience
- Relationships with manufacturers or retailers (sponsored shooters welcome)
- SEO experience
- Strong opinions about putting a red dot on a pistol