GrowNYC is a 50-year-old environmental nonprofit organization – helping more than 3 million New Yorkers by providing essential services and taking action to make NYC a livable city, one where every person can enjoy a healthier, more sustainable life. GrowNYC Programs include:
- Our network of Greenmarkets, Farmstands, Fresh Food Box sites, and the work of GrowNYC Wholesale ensure that all New Yorkers have access to the freshest, healthiest local food.
- We blanket the five boroughs with resources like food scrap collection to make waste reduction, recycling, and composting easy for all.
- We build and support community and school gardens through volunteer days, technical assistance, training, grants and more.
- We provide 70,000 children each year with programs that provide meaningful interactions with the natural environment.
HR Administrative Assistant (25-35 hours per week, variable)
Reporting directly to the Human Resources (HR) Director and HR Manager, the HR Administrative Assistant will provide administrative and clerical services in support of GrowNYC’s HR activities. In addition, they will provide administrative support to the Risk & Safety Coordinator. The ideal fit for the role will be highly responsible, detail-oriented, and able to work autonomously.
Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to)
Onboarding and Administrative
- Facilitate candidate onboarding process. This includes performing background checks, screening potential candidates, scheduling job interviews, assisting in the interview process & communicating with applicants
- Process new hires, job status changes, and termination paperwork and data entry
- Assist with creating new and updated onboarding materials; provide to new staff
- Maintain personnel files, HR files and records, and HR databases through data entry, filing, tracking, and organizing documents
- Perform file and database audits to ensure that all required employee documentation is collected and maintained
- Complete regular compliance and invoicing audits
- Payroll preparation (review and input timesheets, contact supervisors, resolve and clean up errors, etc.); oversee payroll process when HR Manager is unavailable
- Coordinate HR projects such as meetings, trainings, orientations, surveys, and events
- Support the Receptionist in their duties when needed
- Maintain Paylocity on a daily basis: enter new employees, update info, setting up deductions, etc.
- Research best practices and assist in drafting a variety of documents including policies, procedures, resource lists, and communications
- Special projects as assigned and needed
Risk and Safety
- Provide administrative support to the Risk and Safety Coordinator with:
- Tracking employee participation in the StopCOVID text training, sending reminders and following up with supervisors as needed
- Review daily health screenings, ensure all scheduled employees have completed it, follow up with employees, and provide GrowNYC guidance on safety measures
- Monitor and approve site visits to the office while the office remains closed
- Prepare signage and other materials
- Assist with ordering PPE and other supplies
- Ability to maintain confidentiality is crucial
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be well organized with the ability to juggle multiple tasks at once without missing deadlines
- Motivated self-starter who can work independently, identify problems, and create systems to solve them
- Ability to collect and interpret data
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs (especially Excel), OneDrive, and Google Drive preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of Paylocity a plus
- Students and graduates in HR management programs are encouraged to apply.
Schedule: Mon-Fri, approximately 25-35 hours per week, variable.
Compensation: The HR Administrative Assistant position is hourly, variable, pays $22 per hour and includes only statutory benefits.
Interviews will take place on a rolling basis.
The deadline for applications is Sunday, February 21, 2021.
GrowNYC is an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer and hires without regard to race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, or physical disability.Apply for this Job