We’re passionate about the English language; and we design software that helps writers and editors produce their very best work. Our product, PerfectIt, is the leading proofreading software for independent editors, proposal managers, medical writers, and publications teams.
We’re a growing, profitable company that works 100% remote. Our CEO is in New York, our developers are in the United Kingdom, and you can be anywhere in North America.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Inside Sales Account Manager is primarily responsible for managing and growing customer accounts for our market-leading software product.
As our employee number 14, you’ll work with our biggest clients, including pharmaceutical firms, government agencies, engineering consultancies, law firms, publications departments, and clinical research organizations.
This is a sales role, however, there’s much more to it than pushing a product. As an account manager, your first responsibility will be to make sure our biggest customers are happy and successful with PerfectIt. You need to guide their IT team through deployment, make sure end users get training and ensure invoices get to the right person. When end users are up and running, you’ll seek opportunities to add users within departments and across organizations.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Single point of contact for our biggest accounts
- Regular needs assessments to grow spend from accounts
- Tracking communications with key decision-makers
- Installer and deployment assistance
- Technical support
- Product demos
- Developing sales strategies and scripts
- Growing accounts
- Preparing quotes and invoices
- Ensuring renewals
- Customer research and feedback
- Running training sessions
- Supporting our sales and customer success teams
You will work directly with the CEO, so you must be self-motivating and able to get things done independently.
When we say that we’re passionate about language, we mean it! We’re looking for someone who has opinions on apostrophes and a stance on the Oxford Comma. You don’t need to have heard of prescriptivism to work here, but it helps!
You need to be outgoing, patient, and love talking tech with customers. You’re independent, reliable and can work from home. You write well; and you are passionate about quality of document preparation.
We’re a small company and you need to be prepared to jump in where needed. That includes covering technical support and basic admin when other team members are away.
- Experience in both inside sales and account management.
- Demonstrable experience supporting customers in B2B technology, information or related fields.
- Previous experience of managing enterprise accounts, ideally in a SaaS business.
- Knowledge of sales methodology to get clear results in growing accounts.
Length of Contract: Permanent (subject to a three-month trial).
Before You Contact Us
Candidates must be based in the USA or Canada.
You must be able to work from home on a PC with Windows.
Work That Makes a Difference
We help users focus on the parts of their job that matter. From medical writers working on COVID-19 vaccines (yup) to proposal writers bidding on some of the biggest engineering projects in the world, PerfectIt helps users to worry less about typos and spend more time on the meaningful part of their work.
We were 100% remote before it was cool! Intelligent Editing has no offices, so you should be equipped to work from home.
Our biggest market is North America. However, we have customers in South Asia and Australia, so you need to be available for occasional early mornings or late evenings. Nevertheless, most of your hours are flexible. If you produce great work, we don’t care when you do it.
A Life Beyond Work
We believe in work-life balance and ensure every employee gets five weeks PTO. We’re sympathetic to the demands of parenting and welcome applications from experienced professionals from all backgrounds who need to work flexibly.
If You Love Learning…
We only hire outstanding candidates. We mix real responsibility from your first day with a startup environment where anyone can make suggestions. It the perfect way to pick up and try out new skills.
Core Benefits Include:
- $40k-$55k salary (depending on experience).
- 100% remote (we believe in trust and autonomy).
- Five weeks of paid time off plus eight public holidays (we’re a European company).
- Company-paid medical.
- Dental and 401k options available.