UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security. Placing women’s rights at the center of all its efforts, UN Women leads and coordinates United Nations system efforts to ensure that commitments on gender equality and gender mainstreaming translate into action throughout the world. It provides strong and coherent leadership in support of Member States’ priorities and efforts, building effective partnerships with civil society and other relevant actors.
UN Women is working in Lebanon to support women’s representation in public spaces and public roles. To support this UN Women is seeking a researcher and editor to support the finalization of knowledge products on women’s role in public spaces in Lebanon – as politicians and journalists
Duties and Responsibilities
Function and Duties:
- Analyze raw data and generate gender analysis
- Provide some additional context, based on secondary research, to UN Women knowledge products.
- Edit and review UN Women produced research
Payment will be made based on days worked.
- 1 edited report on violence against female journalists in Lebanon (up to 6 days)
Within 2 weeks of contract signing
- 5 edited profiles on women in politics (up to 17 days)
By February 20th, 2021
- 1 consolidated report (written by the consultant) from the findings of the 1 profile (up to 7 days)
By March 22, 2021
- Respect for Diversity;
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues.
- Creative Problem Solving.
- Effective Communication.
- Inclusive Collaboration.
- Stakeholder Engagement.
- Leading by Example.
- Substantial knowledge and understanding of humanitarian action and women’s economic empowerment;
- Experience in analyzing qualitative and quantitative data, and in drafting research findings and recommendations;
- Ability to lead development of clear strategies and to provide strategic advice to senior management;
- Ability to communicate effectively both in written and oral.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in International Affairs/Development, Sociology, Public Administration, Economics, Gender and Women’s Studies, and/or with strong knowledge of gender issues, or related discipline
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience in researching, data analysis and editing complex reports with women, peace and security and women in politics.
- Proven successful track record of editing high quality reports in English on women’s rights and gender equality.
- Computer skills, internet communication and command of MS Office
- Proficiency in oral and written English is a must
Consultants will be evaluated using a cumulative analysis method taking into consideration the combination of qualifications and financial proposal. Contract will be awarded to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
- Responsive/compliant/acceptable, and
- Having received the highest score out of below defined technical and financial criteria.
Technical Evaluation (70%) split such as:
- Education: 20%
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in researching, data analysis and editing complex reports with a focus on humanitarian action, economic empowerment and gender equality, should detail work experience, specifically experience which is relevant to the consultancy requirements indicated above : 30%
- Language skills: 20%
Financial Evaluation (30%): The points for the Financial Proposal will be allocated as per the following formula:
- Contract will be awarded to the technically qualified consultant who obtains the highest combined score (financial and technical);
- The points for the Financial Proposal will be allocated as per the following formula: (Lowest Bid Offered*)/ (Bid of the Consultant) x 30;
- ‘Lowest Bid Offered' refers to the lowest price offered by Offerors scoring at least 49 points in the technical evaluation.
Interested individual consultants must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications:
- UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from http://www.unwomen.org/about-us/employment
- Financial proposal; Proposed inclusive daily and lump-sum rate.
The above-mentioned documents should be submitted together, incomplete submission can be a ground for disqualification.Apply for this Job