At Designlab we are building a rapidly growing, best-in-class platform in the world for creative skills education.
We have a passionate community of students and mentors from around the world, with rave reviews of our online design courses. Our mission is to help our students successfully navigate into a career in design while both challenging and supporting them along the way.
We’re looking for a Customer Support Lead to take our small but extremely capable team to the next level by leading the charge in helping support our global student and mentor community whose size is only increasing!
In addition to actively contributing to the work of the support team be being active in our support queue, you will:
- Oversee a small but growing team of Support agents and actively guide them in providing top quality support to our community
- Drive Quarterly OKR planning for Support team
- Own the analytics and number crunching for Support performance
- Make data-driven decisions guiding Support initiatives
- Create strong feedback loop between Support and Product + Operations to better inform student, mentor, and platform experience
- Manage various operational processes that allow for the smooth running of our platform and courses
- Ensure world class service and support in a variety of areas to both students and mentors
- Ensure that issues are resolved both promptly and thoroughly
- Anticipate student and mentor needs and address them in your communication to prevent the need for future contacts
- Contribute towards building our community’s ability to serve themselves
- Serve as an ambassador for the Designlab brand in all communications/interactions
- Ability to work remotely with high speed internet access
- 3-5 years of customer service experience (phone and email)
- 1-2 years of management or team lead experience
- Expert knowledge of Zendesk Suite
- Working days will be 5 days per week, Sunday to Thursday
- Preference will be given to candidates in GMT and GMT + time zones
- Passion for education, design, and creative work
- Ability to dive into the numbers and come out with insights and ideas
- Excited to create “wow” moments for customers
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated passion for excellence in providing support to customers
- Enthusiasm for learning new skills and creative problem-solving
- Possesses a pleasant, patient, and friendly attitude
- Strong organizational skills, work ethic, and attention to detail
- Excited about working on the future of education with a small, talented, mission-driven team
- Competitive salary
- Work from home (we’re a fully distributed team with members across the USA and Europe)
- Generous paid vacation policy
- Occasional in-person team retreats (public health guidelines permitting)
- Work on an awesome product that’s innovating in the online education space and teaching people modern design skills all over the globe
Designlab is an online platform for expert-driven creative skills education. Students learn design skills through online courses with hands-on projects, live 1-on-1 mentorship from top designers, and community interaction. We’re building a cutting-edge educational experience that provides the rigor and outcomes of offline courses, with the flexibility of an online platform. Thousands of students have taken our courses, with 5-star reviews on sites like Course Report and SwitchUp.
UX Academy graduates have been hired at leading companies like Facebook, Microsoft, Sony, and more. Our mentor network is the largest community of design mentors in the industry, with more than 400 designers, many from companies like Airbnb and Dropbox. We've built and supported a global student and mentor community with a small/nimble team of outsized performers, and we're looking to add similar growth-minded individuals to the team.
Designlab is supported by a great mix of institutional and angel investors, including University Ventures, Forefront Venture Partners, Techstars, Andrew Kortina (co-founder of Venmo), and more.Apply for this Job