School of Motion is looking to add a Finance and People Ops Coordinator to our growing team. This is a role in a fast-moving, tech-enabled company that will require you to have the ability to juggle multiple projects, keep track of many details, and ensure that projects are completed on time.
Your Day to Day may vary depending on what the company priorities are at any given time, but below are some typical things you can expect to work on:
- Run a weekly all-hands meeting
- Help keep our company culture alive and well
- Keep track of, and communicate, company-wide calendar events and important dates
- Help with the administrative tasks of setting up course sessions, including setting up Facebook groups.
- Assist with benefits administration
- Help the Director remain compliant in various states by filing paperwork to states in a timely fashion
- Assist the Director of Finance and People Ops with documenting processes and procedures
- At times, you will act as a project manager on various projects at once, the nature of which will change to meet the needs of School of Motion, examples of which include:
- Event planning, such as a company retreat
- New hire onboarding and success
- Travel coordination for Executives/Directors or production shoots
- Coordinate quarterly staff reviews
- Plan and coordinate remote staff culture events (Friday wine-downs, etc)
- Annual employee file updates
- Assist or coordinate other HR tasks as needs arise
- Learn the process for running payroll to be the backup in the absence of the Director
- Assists with Accounts Payable tasks such as processing invoices in Bill.com, and vendor communications and vendor relationships
- Assists with maintaining a database of vendor contracts
The right person for this role will be eager to dive right into a busy team and won’t mind rolling up their sleeves. We’re a small company, and everyone wears a few hats.
To succeed in this role, you must be:
- Extremely organized
- Have a sense of urgency, and know how to prioritize many different tasks
- Proactive in problem-solving and comfortable collaborating with team members and asking for help/clarification
- Familiar with digital tools such as Slack, Zoom, Notion and Airtable, and/or comfortable learning new apps
- Strong writing skills
- Experience working in a remote, agile team
- Working for a tech or tech-enabled startup and, preferably, an ecommerce platform
- Be familiar with quickbooks online, bill.com, and Expensify (or closely related tools)
- Working on a remote team with employees and contractors located in different time zones across the country and world. Slack-fluent.
- Working for a small company whose plans may change quickly
We have a flexible work schedule at School of Motion — the company runs on a standard Monday through Friday/ET schedule; however, employees are not required to be at their workstation from 9 to 5 each and every day. We ask that our employees maintain a work schedule appropriate for themselves and their respective teams, as well as take time off as needed. We believe that regular communication, effective workflows, and setting and reliably hitting goals are key to non-conventional work hours.
- Include a link to your LinkedIn profile
- Write us a letter explaining why you’d be the best fit for School of Motion
- Share a link to (a) a project you worked on recently that you are proud of, and (b) a short explanation of some of the challenges you solved on that project.
- Include some information on something you’re currently excited about learning, and how you’re learning it.
About School of Motion:
At School of Motion, we’re trying to reinvent the way students learn online by combining the best parts of a traditional brick-and-mortar school with technology that allows our students to receive elite Motion Design training from anywhere in the world. Our mission is to break down the barriers to learning, mastering, and working in Motion Design. We currently have over a dozen comprehensive courses, over 10,000 Alumni, 50+ of Teaching Assistants, and a team of full-time staff working diligently to keep
everything running! And this is only the beginning…
Our Core Values:
Our core values embody our team dynamic and our voice. We are rebellious, helpful, effective, playful, and curious. If you would like to work with us, you should be all of these things too:
- Rebellious – We don’t like to do things just because they’ve always been done that way. Be skeptical of the status quo and constantly improve.
- Helpful – There is no such thing as “not my job”. Help out in any way you can, and don’t hesitate to reach out for help.
- Effective – We do things fast and smart. We automate if it makes sense. We skip the meeting if it’s not immediately beneficial to the mission.
- Playful – Don’t take yourself too seriously, it’s only Animation.
- Curious – Have interests, pursue them ruthlessly. Share your weirdness.
Some important information:
While School of Motion does not discriminate on the basis of citizenship or national origin, we may only employ United States citizens and people who are authorized to work in the United States. As long as you meet those criteria, you can work from wherever you’re comfortable! We’re a fully remote team that primarily operates on Eastern Standard Time, and if you are local to Sarasota, Providence or Los Angeles you can come work with us in person.
We have some great benefits:
We cover 100% of your health insurance, as well as a portion of your spouse’s and children’s.
We have a flexible time-off policy — and work wherever you want, as long as you have an internet connection.
- We offer a 401K plan after one year of employment
- We maintain a very casual work environment — just be you
- We’re proud of our exceptional giphy game
The position does require domestic travel at least once per year when we all get together for company retreats and industry conferences (they are fun!).
School of Motion is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind
School of Motion is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at School of Motion are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Location: US Locations OnlyApply for this Job