Chipper is the largest mobile cross-border money transfer platform in Africa. We are a small passionate team, dedicated to expanding financial inclusion in some of the global regions most in need of accessible, interoperable, easy-to-use, and affordable financial services.
- As an operator at a fast-growing early-stage company, you will have the opportunity to create massive impact – on the company, on the product, and, most importantly, on the lives and livelihoods of our users.
- We are a small team. You will be encouraged to engage in impactful decision making, and there will be leadership roles available to early hires as the company continues to expand.
- Enjoy working from home? Coffee-shops? Co-working spaces? Pick any of the above! Our team is fully remote.
- We have an team culture centered on open-communication, honest feedback, and personal responsibility. You will not be micromanaged.
- We believe that the best solution is often the simplest, and that testing and measuring are the keys to unlocking exponential continues growth
- The Chipper team is truly global – on a daily basis, you might be interacting with team members in San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York City, London, Brazil, Accra, Lagos, and Nairobi.
We don’t care very much about checking boxes, such as “X years of experience” or “Familiarity with X tool” to show that you’re qualified for this role. We’re looking for talented, passionate marketers, who enjoy writing clear, well structured, and actionable copy. An ideal team member will be self-driven, will enjoy owning their own projects, and will be able to constructively communicate with the rest of the team in order to brainstorm, disambiguate project specifications, and to give (and receive) feedback on everything from writing style to performance and reporting. Most importantly, we’re looking for people who love learning.
What You’ll Work On
We are looking for a CRM Manager to join Chipper’s Growth Marketing team reporting to the VP of Growth Marketing. The position is responsible for successfully executing the production of ad-hoc and triggered new user activation and general marketing campaigns for Chipper's CRM channels including email, SMS, and mobile.
We have an exciting CRM opportunity reaching millions of users and will need the help of this CRM Manager to manage the production process for delivering CRM campaigns across email, SMS and mobile channels. Includes ad-hoc promotions, onboarding and activation, complex data-driven triggered campaigns, and dynamic content testing initiatives.
What You'll Do:
As CRM Manager, you will:
- Assist in and lead the development of the CRM production process coordinated across multiple internal teams including: Product Design, Operations and Engineering.
- Drive ongoing product and engineering initiatives that include accessibility to new data points and segmentation.
- Coordinate the intake of project briefs, assets and timing plans for ad-hoc and triggered campaigns as well as testing initiatives.
- Act as the liaison between the engineering team and growth marketing teams to gather all pertinent information for CRM campaigns.
- Ensure development of campaigns and testing initiatives meet planned deadlines for delivery.
- Thoroughly QA campaigns for accuracy including design, copy, audience selections, tracking / URLs, and offer details.
- Deliver proofs to team for review and sign-off.
- Facilitate any updates or change requests.
- Perform post-deployment monitoring to ensure campaigns were delivered successfully.
- Deliver insightful reporting on test results and performance of CRM campaigns.
- Strong writer, with an understanding of modern communication and cultural norms.
- Highly empathetic to the needs of our diverse user base that depend on Chipper for personal and business finances.
- 3+ years of experience in CRM and/or digital marketing (preferred not required).
- Previous project management experience.
- Detail oriented and well-organized, you sweat the details, read the message, test it to a small group and then hit send.
- An editor mindset, you constantly cut for clarity.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline-driven, hyper growth startup environment.
- Ability to be flexible with project timelines.
- Ability to interface with internal teams including Marketing, Engineering, and Product
- A self-starter with strong work ethic – goes the extra mile without being asked
- Comfort with ambiguity, and an instinct for moving quickly and iterating rapidly
If you feel you are a good fit, please apply because we would love to hear from you. If you have any professional links to your work like an online portfolio or LinkedIn profile, please include them. It means a lot to us that you have taken the time to read through our job description so thank you so much for your time. We wish you all the best in your job search.Apply for this Job