Full Job Description
The main function of a Program Specialist is to oversee Our Village United's program funding, execution, contractor assignment, budget and goals from start to finish. In order to ensure that each program in their care is executed efficiently, Program Specialists regularly perform a variety of tasks
- Coordinate the overall design of each program cycle including planning, developing, and implementing workshops and strategic initiatives.
- Recruit and coordinate workshop facilitators, including preparing facilitators for classes (e.g. secure handouts, learning materials, and attendee rosters, introducing faculty at workshops and post-workshop follow-up).
- Provide direct staff leadership on scheduling, marketing and outreach, workshop planning,registration and implementation, fee and expense processing, materials management, logistics and coordination, day of event set-up and clean-up.
- Oversee development and revision/streamlining of promotional materials and hardcopy/online registration systems. Promote increased use of online registration system among workshop registrants.
- Design, implement and evaluate programming including venue selection, logistics and coordination, faculty coordination and support, development/procurement of learning materials, evaluation methodology and necessary course corrections.
- Assess the on-going needs of small businesses using various methods(course evaluations, periodic surveys, word of mouth and submissions via website).
- Analyze workshop attendance and recommend program improvements.
- Administrative coordination of participants including intake processing, maintaining accurate member data/information and providing assistance to members as they access resources.
- Build and sustain the community by conducting outreach activities,presentations and conversations that convert to new and renewed community engagement.
- Maintain web pages accessible by small business owners and the community at large.
- Maintain mailing list and current data on workshop participants.
- Lead, plan and review the promotion of all programs by exploring new marketing and outreach opportunities.
- Increase awareness of programs and workshops and increase attendance of workshops by coordinating promotional activities, meeting reminders and follow up phone calls.
- Lead, plan and implement web and social media presence – prioritize content and images, manage posting calendar, track and evaluate social media strategies.
- Develop new marketing materials, including digital strategies.
- Design and implement online surveys and outreach/communications campaigns using Qualtrics and MailChimp, among other technology-related tools.
- Coordinate the newsletter, periodic email blasts, digital marketing and promotional campaigns.
- Track members and workshop attendees and prepare monthly and quarterly reports on utilization trends.
- Maintain master calendar of all events, individual and collective calendars and all meeting,advisory board and committee dates and requests.
- Be flexible and available as necessary for occasional evening/weekend/after-hours events and workshops.
- Missions, goals, objectives, policies and procedures of Our Village United Inc.
- Campaigns, Nonprofit and Program Development and management.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Principles of training and providing work direction.
- Public relations techniques.
- Supervision, training, event and program planning
- Community service, service learning, and volunteerism.
- Take initiative, problem solve and work independently as well as part of a team.
- Adapt to working in different locations throughout the community.
- Work in partnership with volunteers, stakeholders and donors.
- Provide strong customer service.
- Organize and prioritize work assignments.
- Understand, interpret, apply, and explain policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Meet schedules and timelines.
- Plan and organize work to meet changing priorities and deadlines.
- Train and provide work direction to others.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with program volunteers, administrators,staff and the community.
Any combination equivalent to a bachelor’s degree and two years of program coordination and/or officemanagement experience
3-5 years coordination experience in the nonprofit sector
Pay rate: $22-25 per hour
Hours per week: 30-39
Pay frequency: Bi-weekly
Work needed: Remote
Paid Training: Yes
Shift Schedule: Monday through Friday, Some Night and Weekend shift