At Medrio, our purpose is to save lives by providing clinical researchers with the technology necessary to chase the next breakthrough in public health. Our success is defined by our customers' ability to accelerate their research, eliminate hurdles, and maximize their return on investment. We're committed to supporting our customers along their journey of medical discovery.
We are looking for a Copywriter who possesses the superpower of blending creativity with an analytical mindset to attract, engage and activate audiences through compelling stories. The just right candidate is a strategic thinker who is passionate about developing original approaches and fresh content to elevate our brand positioning, messaging, digital presence, and customer engagement efforts.
To thrive in this position, you are a storyteller at heart who gets giddy over creative word play and sprinkling in humor. You think in long form and short form and rap verses and poetry and everything in between and understand it's about speaking to people in conversational, plain language. Words are powerful; you know exactly when and how to be subversive and provocative versus nurturing and expansive. You get that tingling feeling of excitement thinking in memes, haikus, hashtags, puns, metaphors and analogies.
You eat, sleep and breath subject lines, tweets, headlines, and taglines, and you're ready for something that peeks your intellect and satisfies your creative soul. We need this person to actively take ownership of multiple projects within tight timeframes and follow-through from concept to final execution.
This role reports to the Senior Marketing Communications Manager.
- Provide thought leadership on content strategy and integration of content efforts to support marketing and sales goals.
- Develop, write and edit marketing-promotional content including e-campaigns, collateral, social media posts, direct mail, video scripts, advertising and customer communications.
- Create short-form and long-form external marketing and customer communications content to drive engagement among diverse audiences.
- Monitor and stay current on news and social trends affecting the clinical trial industry and content/digital marketing best practices.
- Conduct interviews with customers to develop unique stories that showcase their success with our solutions and services.
- Collaborate with thought leaders to develop content for webinars and podcasts.
- Partner with marketing colleagues in brainstorming campaign themes.
- Help scale and mature our long-form editorial practice for thought leadership efforts while identifying and executing new ways to amplify the stories we tell.
- Apply a test and learn copywriting approach with the ability to first define goals then experiment, fine tune and iterate toward success.
- 5+ years' experience writing brand-focused copy
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Journalism, or relevant work experience
- A steward for brand identity and voice
- An eagle eye for detail and intense pride in polished proofreading
- Have a knack for adapting your writing style based on the message and the intended audience
- Must have impeccable English grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Hyper-organized with a strong attention to detail
- Strong ability to synthesize complex information into compelling, persuasive storylines in simple language that drives interest
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Drive, and social media platforms
- Committed to factchecking and other journalistic protocols
- Multi-channel, multi-tasking, multi-disciplinary – experience across campaign, social, web, and email
- Synthesis of disparate ideas to create analogies, metaphors, and other narrative devices to communicate insights and inspire a community
- Curiosity runs through your veins – you can't help but ask why, how and what if
- A love of puns and alliterations
All Medrians are currently working safely from their homes but we look forward to the day when we can all be back together in our offices. If you have any specific questions on working remotely now or in the future, please feel free to drop us a line in your application.
At Medrio, we hire smart, capable, and conscientious people to help us expand our product capabilities and better serve our customers. Our employees love working for us because they get to develop, market, and sell a product that advances human health, and they enjoy many perks, including:
- An awesome, colorful HQ in downtown San Francisco with ping pong, video games, and a kitchen full of healthy snacks.
- Two convenient Bay Area locations that are close to BART (San Francisco & Pleasanton).
- Unlimited vacation and a generous sick time off policy.
- Employee events that range from baseball to bowling to happy hour.
- Weekly company-wide, beer friendly standup.
- Wellness: Medrio covers the cost of employee premiums for medical, dental, vision, life and LTD insurance, gym membership, and we promote an atmosphere of work/life balance, including flexible work schedules that may include some work from home time.
The Medrio team is made up of individuals with a wide array of skills and interests, but all have a passion for providing the best possible user experience for our customers. We value collaboration, ingenuity and creating a culture of excellence!
To see detailed information on the data we collect during the application process, and how Medrio complies with data privacy laws, visit our Careers page.Apply for this Job