Rider University is seeking a skilled Web Designer to provide support for website maintenance and content management of rider.edu. The ideal candidate will build new web pages, forms, and menus; update content at the request of users; moderate edits by power users; collaborate with agency and test updates to Drupal 8 prior to deployment; and provide technical support to users of the university’s Drupal 8 content management system. Some design work may be needed to set up new pages in alignment with marketing strategies. This is a part-time, temporary position.Job Responsibilities:
- Works in collaboration with the marketing team to build landing pages, microsites, new web pages and web forms
- Managing Drupal update requests and testing updates prior to deployment by agency
- Monitors and addresses support tickets for web changes received through the University’s Helpdesk system
- Assess and make recommendations for the improvement of site navigation, structure and user experience
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues in collaboration with agency
- Communicate clearly and effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Excellent understanding of content management systems, Drupal preferred.
- Two to three years’ experience in web design, graphic design, electronic publishing or related position.
- Proficiency in HTML and CSS, as well as standards for consistent user experience of website and pages, graphic design principles and practices.
- Proficiency using Google Analytics.
- Knowledge of search engine optimization (SEO) and accessibility best practices.
- Experience balancing multiple project workloads simultaneously and working effectively with individuals and teams within a diverse environment.
- Evidence of effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Good customer service skills.
Position Preferred Qualifications/Experience
Higher education industry experience preferred.About Rider University
The Rider University community is composed of faculty, staff and students from a wide range of cultural backgrounds. Candidates with a demonstrated commitment supportive of the multicultural needs of Rider University and the surrounding community are highly desired.
Rider University has been included as one of the nation’s best universities by US News & World Report and remained in the top tier in the Regional Universities – North category. Additionally, The Princeton Review named Rider among its “Best 386 Colleges” in the nation. Both publications have ranked the University favorably in their respective surveys for more than a decade
Rider University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer dedicated to excellence through diversity.