The Accounting Assistant Role is a full time role and in a partial remote capacity. Candidates must be located within the Denver area.
Position will perform a variety of operational accounting duties, including:
Branch Accounting Functions:
- Audit and approve outgoing wires
- Accept Broken wires and communicate to branch
- Daily Accounting of Earnest Monies and deposits between escrow and CARHOF accounts
- Process and audit requests for earnest money releases
- Process stop payment requests for branch offices
- Refund of recording checks
- Request shortages through review of trial balance and maintain trial balance spreadsheet
- Collect weekly banking from offices and send to Minnesota
- Process escrow agreements and follow up to ensure they are released per the instructions
- Process invoices through ACS
- Follow-up on payment
- Perform due diligence in tracking down owed funds
- Process funds back to the party or setup for escheatment to state
- Maintain escheatment spreadsheets
- Transfer funds from escrow accounts to escheatment accounts
- At least 2 yrs experience in either a Real Estate or Title Office and/or Accounting Department
- Ability to comprehend and write instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Excellent verbal/written skills including good punctuation, spelling, grammar and attention to detail a must.
- Strong interpersonal skills are required.
- Superior telephone skills.
- Must have high level of organization and strong attention to detail. Must have ability to consistently meet deadlines, demonstrate strong follow through, and to follow departmental procedures.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Previous accounting and/or escrow knowledge preferred.
We anticipate the base hourly rate range for this position to be $20-$23/hr.
CompanyGuardian Title Agency LLC
Guardian Title Agency is built on a tradition of excellence and guided by a spirit of integrity throughout all aspects of the closing process. Our team brings a unique blend of knowledge, personal commitment and expertise to every transaction. As your title and closing provider, we want to assure satisfaction for everyone involved in the transaction, whether you are a buyer, seller, agent or lender. Guardian Title is owned and operated by Realogy Title Group which is a subsidiary of Realogy Holdings Corp.
Realogy Holdings Corp. (NYSE: RLGY) is the leading and most integrated provider of U.S. residential real estate services, encompassing franchise, brokerage, and title and settlement businesses as well as a mortgage joint venture. Realogy’s diverse brand portfolio includessome of the most recognized names in real estate: Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate, Century 21®, Coldwell Banker®, Coldwell Banker Commercial®, Corcoran®, ERA®, Sotheby's International Realty®. Using innovative technology, data and marketing products, best-in-class learning and support services, and high-quality lead generation programs, Realogy fuels the productivity of independent sales agents, helping them build stronger businesses and best serve today’s consumers. Realogy's affiliated brokerages operate around the world with approximately 190,000 independent sales agents in the United States and more than 112,000 independent sales agents in 113 other countries and territories. Recognized for nine consecutive years as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies, Realogy has also been designated a Great Place to Work and one of Forbes’ Best Employers for Diversity. Realogy is headquartered in Madison, New Jersey.
At Realogy, diversity fuels success – for our company and for our employees. We strive to be the preferred company for diverse talent, committed to creating an inclusive environment that encourages everyone to succeed. We pursue talent – strategic thinkers who are eager to innovate, focused on execution and accountable for results. We value diversity – respecting backgrounds, cultures, perspectives.
You’ll find our commitment to diversity reflected in our achievements:
- Forbes 2020 Best Employers for Diversity.
- Recognized on the 2020 Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index .
- Recognized for gender diversity on our board of directors by Executive Women of New Jersey and Women’s Forum of New York.
- First residential real estate company to endorse the Equality Act and fully support H.R. 1447 amending the Fair Housing Act to include LGBTQ+ as protected classes.
With diversity, we succeed together. We hope you’ll join us.
EEO StatementEOE AA M/F/Vet/DisabilityApply for this Job