Purpose of the Role
To provide broad administrative support to the Digital Science Executive team so that they can make the best use of their time, are operationally efficient, and communicate well with the wider management team.
- Arranging and managing internal and external meetings from creating agendas, checking actions are recorded to the booking room. This includes scheduling all Executive Team/Board and making sure all stakeholders are aligned.
- Supporting with all travel arrangements including flights, hotels, visa applications, itineraries etc
- Managing and coordinating diaries across the Executive and Management teams.
- Acting as a point of contact for the Company Secretary to ensure all necessary meetings are scheduled and formal documents are signed on time.
- Supporting with communications across the Executive Team and wider management team, e.g. managing shared drives, circulating information, keeping all up to date, easy to find and use.
- Single point of contact for gathering information for Directors, e.g. for UK tax returns, Short term business visitors, etc.
- Arranging and coordinating Strategy Away Days and other off-site events – from sourcing venues to co-ordinating agendas, speakers, managing invoices etc
- Proposing improvements in processes, e.g. travel booking, best hotels to stay in key DS locations
- The ‘go to’ person to help with access to the Exec team to answer queries for the wider management team.
- Research and information gathering on behalf of the Exec Team on specific projects.
- Take meeting notes when required.
- Work on Powerpoint presentations.
- Assist with company software systems (training provided): Salesforce, Pardot, Netsuite, Anaplan, Concur, Atlassian, People HR, Jira, MS Office and Google Docs.
- Friendly, enthusiastic and reliable.
- Enjoys problem solving, capable of out-of-the-box thinking.
- Process orientated, organised and enjoy getting complex things sorted.
- Strong communicator (via phone, email and in person) – German speaking would be advantageous but not essential.
- Able to work independently, think proactively and prioritise work.
- Able to seek and get direction where needed.
- Experience in exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive company information.
- Able to inspire trust and confidence and work calmly under pressure.
- Good technical and data skills with an attention for detail.
- Comfortable with change and complexity.
- Previous experience of working in an operational role in a dynamic environment – previous jobs may have been an Exec PA, Office Manager.