Trans Lifeline is seeking a full-time HR & Executive Assistant to provide support to the HR Department and the Executive Director. The position will be responsible for providing dedicated administrative support to the Executive Director as well as completing essential HR tasks. An ideal applicant will have the ability to problem solve, self-manage, and be solution-oriented.
This position typically reports to the Executive Director and HR Manager.
Trans Lifeline connects trans people to the community, resources, and support they need to survive and thrive — building a resilient trans community through trans-led direct services.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Manages the Executive Director’s calendar by scheduling all work and personal appointments, including meetings, travel, and special events. Proactively resolves scheduling conflicts, prioritizes requests, and confirms meeting details and materials for the Executive Director.
- Ensures a sustainable pace of meetings and calls, quiet work time, and breaks
- Assists the Executive Director with drafting and editing a range of documents, such as memos, spreadsheets, reports, presentations, and correspondence.
- Proofreads, edits, formats, and prints documents and office communications for approval and signature by the Executive Director
- Works with staff bookkeeper on accounting-related paperwork, like the executive budget, expense reimbursement, expense verification, and managing contracts & invoices
- Serves as a liaison with the Board of Directors by managing the board calendar, maintaining board member records, preparing board meeting materials, coordinating meeting logistics, and providing administrative support
- Maintains the Executive Director’s digital filing system, including organizing, filing, and producing key documents.
- Enters and manages contacts in relevant databases
- Monitors, responds to, and directs incoming communications
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records
- Answers frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes
- Provides administrative support to the HR department through onboarding, vendor liaising, compiling material for audits, and other special projects as needed
- Monitors and maintains regulatory compliance for tax/labor requirements
- Coordinates travel arrangements for the organization (both domestic and international) and creates trip itineraries
- Assisting with employee recognition and morale initiatives
- At least 3 years of progressively responsible experience in executive support, administration, project management, or other relevant and transferrable professional roles.
- Experience working in a direct service, nonprofit, and/or social justice setting is desired
- Strong belief for the organization’s mission and the people who are driving the work forward. Commitment to social, racial, economic, and gender justice
- Familiarity with legal, political, economic, and cultural issues impacting transgender, gender nonconforming, and nonbinary people is a plus
- Experience working at an entrepreneurial and evolving organization where building policies, systems, and processes are necessary.
- Proven project management and organizational expertise with experience in prioritizing and executing high quality and accurate work on time. Excellent attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple priorities with ease.
- Must have experience booking and managing travel.
- Proven ability to identify, prioritize, and manage agendas, employee communications, high level presentations & documents, and is comfortable multi-tasking.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills, and can develop positive and productive relationships both within and outside the organization.
- Experience in managing confidential, privileged, and sensitive matters with discretion and professionalism.
- Problem-solving and decision making skills
- Ability to act as gatekeeper and escalate relevant information to executives as needed
- 1 year of experience providing HR related support
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Exceptional editing and writing skills ranging from drafting correspondence to editing reports and presentations
- A strong mastery of Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point) and other tools, such as Slack, Asana, Zoom, and Gusto
- Experience working with and maintaining database(s) or CRMs preferred
- Experience working with nonprofit and/or trans-led organizations
- Experience working on a dispersed team
- Adaptable, flexible, and able to work with people from all walks of life
More about the job:
This full-time position will be working remotely, with the option to office if local to SF Bay Area. Some travel may be required when it is safe to do so. Compensation for this position will be $40,000 per year with benefits which includes 100% employer paid medical, vision, dental and generous sick and vacation time. Trans Lifeline is an equal opportunity employer. Transgender, gender non-conforming and intersex people, people of color, people with disabilities, immigrants and formerly incarcerated people are strongly encouraged to apply.
It is the policy of Trans Lifeline not to discriminate in the employment of staff, or in the selection of volunteers, on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, gender, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, financial status or HIV status. Trans Lifeline works affirmatively to build a staff and board that includes people of many different races, classes, genders, physical and mental abilities, ages and sexual orientations.
We are here for the entire community of people who identify as trans. We find and celebrate the diversity within our community in our callers, volunteers and staff. When applying, please answer the questions as thoroughly as possible to help us learn the most about you and your involvement in the community. In the ‘full name’ section, you can enter the name you use (you do not need to enter your birth name).
- Pay: Base salary of $40,000/year with potential for up to $49,000 depending on experience and cost of living.
- Benefits: Full Health, Vision, Dental; PTO – Sick Time and Vacation Time
- Location: Remote, but an option for office if local to SF Bay area
- Trans Lifeline is hiring an HR & Executive Assistant for $40,000 a year.