Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education and employment. Almost a decade later, we are a rapidly growing, diverse team of 100+ headquartered in SoHo, NYC. We’ve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, and more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year and helps them lead better lives, join us!
We are looking for a B2B Senior Content Marketing Manager to join our growing marketing team and assist in the growth of Codecademy for Business through content that helps us reach teams and organizations seeking technical training. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Content Marketing, you’ll be embedded on our B2B Marketing Team to create content designed to reach prospective customers and nurture them through the buying process.
We’re building out our B2B content program from the ground up and are looking for a creative B2B storyteller that’s excited about making an immediate impact. In this role, you’ll be responsible for a mix of content writing and project management — mapping content to target personas and working with internal resources, freelancers, and agencies to produce a variety of content types including white papers, one-pagers, infographics, case studies, market reports, and other B2B content.
This role will require a blend of analytical thinking and creativity. You not only enjoy telling engaging stories, but you have an innate ability to understand what messages will resonate with audiences at different stages of their journey and why. You get just as excited about providing value to readers (and viewers) as you do about seeing the MQLs roll in!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- This role is equal parts strategy and execution. You’ll be embedded within our B2B Marketing Team building a content strategy and leading the execution of it.
- Lead the entire end-to-end production of a variety of types of content including blog posts, white papers, one-pagers, case studies, sales collateral, and thought leadership pieces.
- Manage external freelance resources and collaborate with internal content and creative teams on the execution of content pieces.
- Work with Business and Product Marketing Teams to understand the Codecademy for Business customer and create content that speaks directly to their needs.
- Explain the benefits of learning technical skills in a way that resonates with those without technical knowledge or backgrounds.
- Coordinate with Business and Marketing teams to ensure that content represents the Codecademy brand and supports our business objectives.
- Monitor the performance of the content you create and optimize accordingly.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- At least 5 years of content marketing or journalism experience
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
- Prior experience creating B2B content
- Experience writing about technical topics in a way that’s clear and easy to understand
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and an ability to work cross-functionally with a variety of partners
- Empathy for the customer. You can put yourself in the reader’s shoes and create content that will provide value
- Experience working directly with a CMS, such as WordPress or Contentful
- Exceptionally organized with excellent attention to detail
- Outstanding communication and collaboration
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT:
- Experience with keyword research
- Experience creating content for lead nurture programs
- Experience creating white papers, one-pagers, infographics, case studies, market reports, and other B2B content
- Familiarity with the Codecademy platform
- Experience writing about topics related to data science, web development, and computer science
APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT 3-5 WRITING SAMPLES IN ORDER FOR THEIR APPLICATIONS TO BE REVIEWED.
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of learners with our product and in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status- and works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds and beliefs are empowered to better their futures.Apply for this Job