At Jimdo, our mission is to help small businesses start, grow, and ultimately thrive online. Small businesses face new challenges with very little support or recognition. We know how hard this can be, because we have been in their position. That's where you can help us—by designing intuitive tools to help small businesses solve complex problems.
With a forward-leaning and self-driven attitude, we continue to find new ways to help our customers get their ideas out into the world. As a team, we run at a steady pace to achieve what we aim for. We learn best by gathering data, trying new things, and sometimes even falling down along the way. It's the lessons we learn in the process that make us better problem-solvers for small business owners.
If you're motivated by our mission and excited to roll up your sleeves, try new things, learn from mistakes, and make a difference to small businesses around the world, we would love to work with you.
The Product team at Jimdo is looking for an ambitious Senior Product Manager (m/f/d) to join us on our mission to empower individuals and small businesses to be successful online. As a Senior Product Manager (m/f/d) for our Billing and Payment Platform at Jimdo, you will be a key liaison between engineering, product, data, finance, legal, marketing, and support teams, driving roadmap and features for our in-house Billing and Payment Platform within the product management team to ensure effective execution. You will work closely with product engineering, your stakeholders, and the product management team to define and execute the strategy for our Billing and Payment Platform that we are able to offer and sell our products to our customers in a seamless and compliant manner.Location
We are happy to invite you to work with us in our office in Hamburg or work permanently remotely from any location. Wherever your working location will be, we will make sure you get proper onboarding (virtual or in person) and that you are fully equipped to become part of the team from day one.
Regarding candidates who want to relocate to Hamburg: Due to COVID our offices are temporarily closed. We will invite you to start working with us from your current location for the time being. Once the borders are reopened, and the Embassies accept visa applications again, we will initiate the relocation process to Hamburg. Until then, you will be invited to work with us remotely with a temporary contract.Responsibilities
- Acquire a deep understanding of our internal business and engineering needs, about our products, the market we're in, and the billing and payment domain for SaaS businesses.
- Prepare to take a deep dive into complex topics like platformization, recurring billing and payment and the underlying legal and financial regulations for our core markets.
- Identify the most valuable opportunities to sustain our current business and opportunities for future growth, while constantly focusing on delivering the right things to your customers.
- Define a compelling strategy and create a feasible yet ambitious roadmap for your product.
- Communicate effectively and advocate strongly for our products to customers, stakeholders, managers, and engineering teams.
- Collaborate closely with skilled engineers and stakeholders across the organization to convert your roadmap into actual products in order to provide for our short- and long-term goals.
- You've successfully delivered complex and/or complicated projects to the SaaS market while you had to balance innovation, optimization, and maintenance.
- On the way, you've acquired strong lateral leadership and communication skills and collaborated closely with customers, managers, engineers, designers, and stakeholders.
- You are experienced in translating high-level strategy into clear achievable and measurable goals and deliverables while applying your ability to think analytically as well as creatively.
- You have practice in judging, arguing, and deciding about the design and user experience of a product and demonstrating the ability to make informed user-centered decisions.
- You have 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager / Product Owner for digital products including 3+ years of experience working on billing and payment platforms or at a FinTech company
- You are familiar with regulations in the EEU around taxation, invoicing, and general financial aspects of B2C & B2B businesses.
- You have experience with agile software development, specifically Scrum, and ideally a background as a Technical Product Manager or Software Engineer.
Annemie will be happy to receive your application in English or in German.
Jimdo is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means that we don't discriminate based on race or ethnic origin, color, the language(s) you speak, where you (or your parents) are from, or whether or not you consider yourself to have a disability. Neither will your age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, beliefs, or political opinions play a part in your application with us. We're a diverse team in so many ways, and we love it that way.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.Apply for this Job