As the Managing Director of Content Marketing, you will manage a team of 2 full-time employees, freelance writers and a digital designer to create high-traffic content, lead-converting resources and shareable creative projects that educate, inform, inspire and move our audiences to take action. You will lead the content marketing vision and strategy across email marketing, paid media and web channels and function as the team’s main editor. You will ensure alignment with content guidelines and ensure our content marketing products are aligned to our organizational mission, priorities and brand. You will also leverage your strategic acumen and skills as wordsmith to partner with One Day Studio’s Creative Team on copy development for creative brand campaigns and collateral. Reporting to the SMD, Digital and Growth Marketing, you will collaborate frequently with art directors, designers, content strategists, video producers, web developers, and others across the regional and national teams who work to engage our core audiences.
There are more than 16 million children growing up in poverty in the U.S., and less than 10 percent of them will graduate from college. These statistics are not a reflection of our children’s potential; we know that children growing up in poverty can and do achieve at the highest levels. Rather, these statistics reflect the systemic lack of access and opportunity for children in low-income communities.
Teach For America’s (TFA) mission is to find, develop, and support a diverse network of leaders committed to expanding opportunity for children from classrooms, schools, and every sector and field that shapes the broader systems in which schools operate. We are seeking individuals who align with our mission, core values and commitment to Diversity Equity & Inclusiveness and are ready to join us in this global movement.
- Lead a team of content directors (strategists and producers) to create content (email campaigns, landing pages, commercial collateral, e-books, white papers, infographics, etc.) marketed via inbound channels (email, landing pages, organization’s website, social media etc.).
- Translate concepts into effective messages across all collateral; write stellar content (optimizing for SEO), edit existing content for consistency and clarity, assign projects and deliverables; ensure copy tone and style are consistent with brand and style guidelines
- Develop the content marketing strategy and processes to scale output content; leverage data to prioritize and assess efficacy of content.
- Collaborate with One Day Studio Creative Team on brand campaigns including concept development and copy.
- Interact with project teams and audience engagement leads to outline campaign strategy and develop a plan for copy/content delivery
- Contribute to brainstorming and creative brief development for new copy/content campaigns and projects.
- Senior editor for all content and collateral by the team
- Senior copywriter on projects as needed to support the team’s work
THE MUST HAVES
- Minimum 6+ years digital content experience with emphasis on digital content – email and web, preferably at a creative agency, news/media company or in-house content team; must have management experience
- Top-notch writing and editing skills
- Experience delivering innovative, highly polished marketing content from concept to finished work
- Experience with cross-team collaboration and synthesizing feedback from multiple stakeholders
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Experience working with web-based CMS and other publishing tools
- Incredible attention to detail and excellent grammatical skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work under and stick to deadlines
- High degree of attention to detail when managing multiple deliverables
- An entrepreneurial spirit that allows you to adapt to changing company needs and jump into new projects with ease
- Management experience preferred
- Agency experience helpful
- Portfolio required. PLEASE INCLUDE A LINK TO YOUR PORTFOLIO IN YOUR RESUME
One Day Studio produces authentic, differentiated & diverse content and creative on behalf of TFA and with like-minded partners that sparks curiosity and conversation and moves the next generation of locally-rooted and nationally connected leaders to take action in the fight for educational equity. The Audience Engagement team is charged with gaining a deep understanding of the needs and motivations of our core audiences, developing audience insights and executing strategies, campaigns and tactics that engage audiences throughout their lifecycle with TFA.
By joining staff, you join a network of individuals committed to pursuing equity for all students and developing themselves as professionals in the process. We as an organization value the longevity of our employees and offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits plan. The salary for this position is also competitive and depends on your prior work experience. Please be advised, you will have an opportunity to discuss salary in more detail after you begin the application process.
WE ARE DEEPLY COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSIVENESS
In all we do, we act on the following beliefs:
- Diversity is crucial for successful change efforts and is one of Teach For America’s greatest strengths.
- The full potential of our diverse network will be reached only when we are an inclusive community.
- The predictability of success or failure for our students or individuals in our organization should not correlate with any social, cultural or other identity-based factors.