Eligible applicants must live within the AAA Northeast footprint to be considered for work from home opportunities. This includes RI, MA, CT, NY & NJ.
Responds to incoming calls from prospective and current members, with the objective of selling new or additional Club products and services; processes membership record change requests; supplies detailed information regarding AAA products and services; provides Five Diamond Customer Service to encourage member retention, renewal and new membership sales; tracks daily sales activity; performs outbound marketing efforts as directed.
- Responds to incoming calls from prospective and current Club members; sells memberships, upgrades, and additional products and services.
- Places outgoing calls to prospective members to explain Club services and products, using salesmanship and Five Diamond Service approach to close sales.
- Places outgoing calls to lapsed and former members to secure membership renewals.
- Liaises with business lines and/or affiliate Clubs, connecting members with contacts necessary to achieve the members desired outcome.
- Processes transactions using computerized system for information gathering.
- Tracks daily activity to ensure achievement of departmental goals
- Develops comprehensive knowledge of products and service offered by AAA Northeast.
- Attempts to resolve collections issues for outstanding membership accounts; mails membership applications to prospective members and a variety of requested membership materials; transfers memberships to AAA Northeast from affiliate clubs.
- Handles incoming emergency road service calls as required; follows protocol to gather pertinent information; delivers Five Diamond Service during all member interactions.
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Prior sales and customer service experience required (i.e. retail sales and/or telemarketing experience desired, prior experience in a metrics driven environment)
- Ability to convince others to buy goods/services or to otherwise change their minds or actions.
- Encourage, build, and maintain mutual trust, respect, and cooperation with others
- Ability to listen to, understand, and communicate with others by telephone, in written form, electronically, or in person.
- Ability to apply sound judgement to produce appropriate outcomes to a variety of situations. Including high volume and challenging situations.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and accurately.
- Ability to operate a computer with relevant software applications.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to act safely.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work to achieve specific goals
- Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.