General Position Summary
The Administrative Assistant is a part-time, 16 hours/week position. This individual supports the ongoing
administrative support needs of Family Conversations, our birth to three team. The Administrative Assistant will
provide crucial support for routine tasks and coordinate one or more ongoing projects. This position will be
primarily on-site support with some possible remote work.
For nearly 40 years, NWSDHH has been a leader in education for children with hearing loss. Located in
Shoreline, WA, we believe when families and children have the right support, deaf and hard-of-hearing (D/HH)
learners are set up to succeed in school and throughout life. Our mission focuses on: grade-level achievement;
English proficiency; and oral communication and listening skills. We are committed to helping D/HH children
become self-confident, academically-competitive learners, and engaged community members. Our educational
programs include: birth-to-three, preschool – eighth grade and school district support.
Duties and responsibilities:
Answer phones and retrieve/disseminate messages to the team.
o Update and maintain electronic files and paper files.
o Scan in Release of Information (ROI), family info, other provider reports.
o Track ROI and family information and update as needed.
Enrollment packets for new families:
o Make new packets and materials.
o Send packets to families.
Maintain, create and update key documents:
o Replenish copies of assessments.
o Assessment & Individual Family Service Plan (IFSP) Schedule Form.
o Make copies, collate and laminate for program materials.
Provide administrative support for annual contracting processes:
o Help prepare data and documents.
o Retrieve files.
o Organize materials.
o Create queries and run reports.
o Add family referrals.
o Update data to ensure it is accurate:
Emails, phone numbers, addresses.
Turn referrals into enrolled families.
Referrals into not active.
Make child binder(s).
Maintain and manage supply of Literacy Kits and family technology materials.
Support for team needs:
o Order supplies.
o Arrange travel.
Attend meetings and trainings as shall be assigned by the Program Director.
Provide support as identified by the Program Director (in collaboration with the Program Lead and birth
to three team).
Experience and Skills
- Passion for NWSDHH mission and desire to learn Signing Exact English (if not already fluent).
- Prior administrative support experience, preferably in an educational setting.
- Familiarity with data management.
- Ability to carry oneself in a professional manner and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to manage time and prioritize workload effectively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well with others and facilitate open communication with a team focus.
- Flexibility, problem solving, critical thinking and ability to adapt to variable situations.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite and databases.
- Familiarity with email systems, particularly Gmail.
$17 – $19/hour depending on experience. Paid Time Off (pro-rated to .4 FTE). Free parking. Opportunity to
take classes to develop skills and support professional growth.
Applications should be sent to Merri McBride, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include a cover letter and resume.Apply for this Job