The Benefits Administrator ensures accurate administration of Internews’ benefit programs including but not limited to health, wellness, disability, pension, and security for corporate employees and consultants by maintaining accurate data entry in a variety of internal and external systems, and a consistent work flow. The Benefits Administrator provides support to the Senior HR, People & Culture management team and may be required to coordinate other non-benefit related HR related projects as assigned.Proven ability to maintain confidential information and a professional support-based attitude are crucial to the success of this role.
Our Commitment to Fostering a Culture of Belonging
We are an organization of dynamic, mission-driven individuals who are passionate about our core values and about supporting positive change in the world. We pride ourselves on our commitment to innovation and flexibility. We believe that diverse teams are strong teams and work to support an ethic of belonging, dignity, and justice for all people. Our current team includes a mix of genders, parents, and non-parents, and people of multiple races, nationalities, ages, sexual orientations and socio-economic backgrounds. We are EEO employer and encourage candidates of all races, genders, ages, orientations, ethnicities, and national origins to apply, and welcome those with alternative backgrounds and experiences.
Right now, all Internews offices are closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and Internews staff are working remotely until at least 1 July 2021. This position is remote-first, but preference is given to applicants who are located in the Pacific and Central time zones. While there is some flexibility around work time, the expected work schedule for this position is full-time, Monday- Friday, 8:30 AM- 6 PM.
Your Day-to-Day Responsibilities Under this Position may Include:
- Answers questions and provides guidance on over four distinct benefits packages: Over 25 third party vendor programs and over 10 internal programs.
- Assist staff with accessing resources and services, and navigating third party vendor websites.
- Updates benefits materials, forms, and presentations on company intranet website, and coordinates regular distribution of benefits information.
- Processes benefits related forms and documentation for staff who are making selections during onboarding, during employment, or offboarding.
- Maintains HR data in ERP, ATS, electronic personnel files, and benefit vendor websites related to all benefits changes. Audits and reports on headquarters staff data entry monthly and as directed.
- Verifies and audits benefits related third party vendor invoices, maintaining historical data on premiums, claims, and costs. Works with accounting to submit invoices for payment and resolve discrepancies.
- Works closely with payroll on benefits changes, implementation of benefits related taxes, funding, and corrections as needed.
- Coordinates annual processes as directed such as open enrollment, training cycles, and employment recognition, working with external vendors and acting as a resource for internal departments and staff.
- Provides administrative support on annual processes as directed such as ACA reporting, 401k audits, and renewals of employee benefit and corporate insurance policies.
- Drafts individual and group messages with sensitivity, clarity, and professionalism.
- Responsible for vetting and clearing business travelers against corporate policy.
- Coordinates the office Safety Committee, maintaining required OSHA records and filings coordinated between two headquarters offices.
- Supporting members of the department with administrative departmental tasks and projects as requested, including responding to surveys and conducting research.
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values
Qualifications We’re Looking For:
- 2+ years office experience required, and human resources/benefits administration experience strongly preferred.
- University degree or equivalent preferred.
- Data entry and database experience required. ERP, HRIS, TM, and ATS experience preferred.
- Proven ability handling confidential and/or sensitive information.
- Strong professional communication in formal and informal, and written and verbal, platforms required.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to navigate challenging circumstances while maintaining positive and professional relationships with teammates and staff members required.
- Ability to take direction, and work independently and complete tasks on time required.
- Experience working in collaborative team environment required, and experience working remotely preferred.
- Experience with web-authoring, SharePoint intranet, and/or page layout software preferred.
- Strong grasp of Microsoft Windows environment, particularly Excel and PowerPoint are required
- Must be organized, logical, and detail-oriented.
This position is being offered and hired by Internews Network. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Network's offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process. Additional information can be found on our Internews Benefits page.Apply for this Job