Want a work life balance working from home?
Well this could be the excellent opportunity for you to work on the cutting-edge of artificial intelligence for cybersecurity. Exciting right!! The Leidos Innovation Center (LInC) is seeking you and other Cyber Research Scientists in Artificial Intelligence for a position within the Leidos Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) Accelerator. You will help to automate advanced AI/ML techniques for cyber network defense, including: anomaly detection and insider threat detection, malware analysis, reverse engineering, and penetration testing for perimeter, mid-point and end-point defense. You will also have the ability to work remotely with a diverse and geographically distributed team of AI/ML and cybersecurity experts on modern Cyber-AI problems.
Fun stuff you will do:
- Hands-on research and development of analytics for anomaly detection and insider threat detection, and develop AI/ML models for perimeter, mid-point and end-point cybersecurity defense.
- Work with a team of researchers within the Leidos AI/ML Accelerator developing and delivering Cyber-AI solutions in a range of technology areas.
- Expand and enhance Cyber-AI strategy for a $10B+ Fortune 500 company with major markets in Defense, Intelligence, Civil, and Health.
This is you:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related discipline, such as: data science, applied mathematics, statistics, electrical engineering, or systems engineering with at least 12 years of applicable experience or 4 additional years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Secret security clearance.
- Cybersecurity or cyber-centric AI/ML experience within major programs in industry, academia, or government.
- Experience with managing and analyzing: firewall logs, Zeek (Bro) network security monitor logs, Antivirus, cloud, and endpoint security software, Security Event and Information Management (SEIM) tools and Intrusion Detection Systems.
- Experience with many areas of AI/ML and related key technical disciplines including: structured and unstructured data, supervised and unsupervised learning.
- Enthusiasm for innovation, experimentation and self-development in the cyber security field.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience and proven ability to work autonomously and in a team in an innovative and fast-paced environment whilst delivering to deadlines.
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Advanced Degree is preferred
- The ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance is strongly preferred.
- Experience in automating advanced techniques for malware analysis, reverse engineering, and penetration testing.
- Experience with developing AI/ML solutions for massive (PB+) datasets, and secured data (PHI, classified data, etc.).
- Proven ability to design, articulate, and deliver complex cyber solutions that: are scalable, robust, secure, and resilient and deliver clear, measurable value to program owners and end users.
- Experience with commercial and Open Source Cyber / AI / ML / Data Science platforms.
- Hands-on experience with a broad range of current deep learning tools (e.g., TensorFlow, Spark, Theano, PyTorch, Scikit-learn, Keras, Nvidia Digits) and collaboration environments (e.g. Jupyter notebooks, PyCharm).
- Experience with and ability to formulate solutions using one or more of the following models: Deep Learning (CNNs, RCNNs, LSTMs), GANs, Reinforcement Learning, Logistic Regression, Random Forest, Linear Discriminant Analysis.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
- Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
- Research Scientist
- Pay Range $110,500.00 – $170,000.00 – $229,500.00