Do you have experience in online marketing or writing?
Are you ready to be a part of something big, and help it grow bigger?
Do you want to reach and make positive impact on millions of people?
This job might be for you if you:
- like being able to set your own hours and work from home
- don't like drumming up new business or chasing down clients
- like exercising your creativity and experimentation
- like having responsibility
- like working collaboratively
- like having a dependable, reliable stream of work
- want to make the world a better place
- are comfortable with a fast-changing environment
You should NOT take this job if you:
- are looking for another client to add to your list of clients
- have a strong need/desire for in-person social interaction at work
- like following instructions and being told what to do
- don't like needing to come up with ideas
- are not comfortable in a fast-changing environment
- don't have a real interest or experience in online education.
FluentU is an online education company that helps people learn languages with real-world videos, including movie trailers, music videos, news and inspiring talks. We have a website, iOS app (usually in the top 20-50 grossing iOS education apps), and Android app. Founded in 2011, we’re a profitable, stable company with long-term focus, and we’re proudly self-funded.
We get 5 million visitors per month on our blogs and have 100,000+ people on our email list.
This is a unique opportunity to be the primary person behind our email list and web push strategy.
As our email marketer, you would be responsible for:
- Writing sharp marketing copy for emails, landing pages and web push notifications
- Managing our email and push marketing automations
- Conceptualizing email and landing page design improvements, and collaborating with designers and web developers to bring them to life
- A/B testing and conversion rate optimization
- Working with other FluentU marketing teams to grow mailing list via optin forms
You do NOT need to be able to design or code (other team members will handle that).
The right candidate can also learn how to use our marketing software, set up A/B tests and automations on the job.
You would work closely with the founder of FluentU.
HOW WE WORK
We’re a 100% distributed/remote team. Here’s a little bit more about how we work:
- Almost all of our communication is text-based (mostly via Asana) and we value clear communication, among other things.
- Most things are not urgent. We take pride in having a calm work environment.
- We also have a flat collaborative environment.
- We make decisions based on logic/reason.
- We believe in getting things done and continuous improvement.
Our ideal candidate:
- is a natural storyteller with impeccable writing skills
- has no problem adapting their writing style to different situations/audiences
- has marketing experience and intuition
- has a quantitative bent
- is a fast learner who is willing to put in the work to figure it out
- is tech savvy and comfortable learning new technology
- writes and speaks English like a native speaker
- has a deep interest in language learning or online education
- is able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week (pay is hourly) and is looking for something long-term