Full Job Description
The David Eccles School of Business, Executive Education has an opening for a Marketing Assistant for the MBA Programs (including the Full-Time MBA, Professional MBA, Executive MBA, and MBA Online) and our open enrollment and custom programs. The Marketing Assistant will assist the marketing team with data entry, copywriting, social media, web development and design, multimedia presentations, publicity, event scheduling, communication, and other duties as assigned.
- Writes and produces written communications and promotional copy including, but not limited to, website content, emails, presentations, social media, Eccles Newsroom posts, guides, advertising copy, and more.
- Assist Marketing team with the development and administration of the Executive Education webpages and social media presence
- Assist with the social media campaigns and presence in social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other similar community sites, posting on relevant blogs and seeding content into social applications as needed
- Monitor the impact of social media campaigns, and analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in order to make adjustments for maximum results
- Assist Marketing team with scheduling marketing communications and recruiting events by updating websites, calendars, and other platforms accordingly
- Analyze, monitor, track, and evaluate marketing efforts for effectiveness, including analysis of the analytics and metrics of emails and marketing text messages
- Edit copy and make updates for department marketing projects such as publications, advertisements, and promotional brochures and fliers
- Conduct market research and recommend strategies, promotional materials, vendors and communication methods that will best serve the needs and interests of the program
- Assist with informational recruiting events
- Data entry and report generation using the customer relationship management tool, Salesforce
- Assist and support Marketing team, with marketing-related duties as assigned, including but not limited to photocopying, name tag creation, and basic office duties
- Perform other job-related duties or requests as assigned
Four years public relations experience which includes two years marketing, fundraising or sales activities, or equivalency required. Demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills required. Experience writing news releases, producing newsletters and organizing special events and fund-raising activities preferred. Depending upon department of assignment, preference may be given for a background in purchasing, television production, radio, athletics, library or museum.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
- General awareness of marketing trends and platforms
- Comfortable working with remote team members and participating in virtual meetings for training and direction
- Meticulous attention to detail, with the ability to execute assignments with a high level of accuracy
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to write, edit, and proof effectively for persuasive, direct marketing
- A self-starter with excellent organizational skills, capacity to manage several projects simultaneously, the ability to balance competing priorities, flexibility, and strong project management skills
- Extremely computer literate including full knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite; primarily Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to learn and use new databases and technology quickly, and create/pull reports.
- Ability to follow established procedures, and recommend changes as needed to increase efficiency
- Customer/Client service orientation and focus
- Driven to meet or exceed consumer expectations
- Understand the target audience for each social media account, posting interesting, relevant and timely content that supports department goals
- Detail-focused and precise, especially for database work, calendar management, and scheduling
- Must demonstrate “ownership” and initiative for achieving outcomes
- Critical thinking, common sense, and good judgment; not afraid to ask questions
- Graphic design, Adobe Creative Suite, and/or web editing and development experience is a plus.