Ready to take the helm of a fast growing, remote-first, international team? Komoot went fully remote in 2017, in order to become the best employer for the best talent throughout Europe. Since then our team’s grown from 24 to 70 people, changing the way millions explore the outdoors in the process. With accelerating company growth, we’re now looking for a bright mind who loves people, processes and company culture to help us attract world class talent and create an environment where our employees thrive like never before.
Millions of people all over the world experience real-life adventures with us. We help people all over the world to discover the best hiking and biking routes, empowering our users to explore more of the great outdoors. And we’re pretty good at it! Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times, and with over 15 million users and 100,000 five-star reviews, komoot is on the way to becoming the most popular cycling and hiking app worldwide. Join our fully remote team and change the way people explore!
What you will do
- Manage, coach and develop the People and Organisation team
- Partner with the founders in driving the people and organisation strategy.
- Coordinate all P&O activities and create and implement forward thinking and scalable initiatives, processes, programs and policies that will support and improve our peoples’ performance and development, experience and engagement, compensation and benefits , talent attraction, acquisition & talent planning, diversity and inclusion, leadership and more.
- Be the go-to person regarding local, global, and federal employment laws, making sure we operate in the most efficient legal framework for all people-related processes and policies for team members in 15+ countries.
- Ensure our unique culture is maintained, fostered and leveraged following our ambitious growth plans.
Why you will love it
- This is a highly independent role, giving you the freedom and responsibility to shape P&O for a rapidly growing fully remote company.
- You will be empowered and encouraged to shape and drive komoot’s company culture and policies to be industry-leading.
- You will join Sara (People and Organisation Manager) and Maria (Talent Acquisition Partner) – our 5-star people ops team – and partner with Jonas & the rest of the co-founding team.
- This is a remote role and we are a fully remote team. You are free to work from wherever you want within the time zones UTC-1 and UTC+3. A beach? The mountains? A co- working space (covered by us)? Our HQ in Potsdam? You decide.
- You will travel with us (when safe) for team gatherings in amazing European locations.
You will be successful in this position if you
- 10+ years progressive experience in Organisational Development / HR / People roles from a successful and forward thinking company.
- 3+ years experience leading a smart, high-performing team.
- True interest in new HR topics, tools and techniques. You are not afraid to challenge the status quo, make bold strategic decisions and you pragmatically analyse and implement new schemes and concepts if/ when they bring value and make sense.
- Outstanding communication skills and empathy to successfully partner with the co-founding team as well as your colleagues all across Europe.
- Remote work experience- you have previously worked remotely and understand the dynamic. You are a remote work advocate and want to leverage the benefits further.
- Excellent level of English
- Bonus: You love to spend your time actively, exploring more of the great outdoors. That’s what we love to do too!
Sound like you?
We want to hear from you! Please send us the following:
- Your CV in English highlighting your most relevant experience.
- A write-up (Cover Letter) explaining who you are and why you would like to work with us and in this role.
- Feel free to send us something that shows us a little more about what you’re interested in, be it your Twitter/Instagram account, or your OpenStreetMap profile if you have one
Location: International: UTC-1 and UTC+3 time zonesApply for this Job