Responsible for performing all operational and customer support duties relating to products and services in the Remote Banking area. Responsible for processing a variety of remittances for customers based on customer’s requirements, ensuring proper deadlines are met, and coordinating incoming remittances and outgoing advices and reports. Perform detailed operational duties and functions related to customers utilizing Lockbox services and Remote Deposit services. Research and resolve complex customer inquiries ensuring client satisfaction. Provides support and assistance to teammates and internal/external customers. Assist with review of Remote Banking systems as necessary in advance for proposing solutions required to adequately sustain customer satisfaction. Associate is responsible for processing a variety of remittances for customers based on customer’s requirements, ensuring processing deadlines are met. Assist customers with questions concerning remittance processing when necessary. Maintains workflow and trains peers as needed. Perform phone support for the Remote Deposit product. Assist co-workers with audit requests. Track and document customer volumes for billing and monthly reporting. Provides feedback to management on procedures and controls to ensure efficient and accurate processing of daily work. Update and maintain department procedure manuals. Assist with inventory reporting for remote deposit scanners.
- Perform all duties attributed to the Remote Banking Associate in addition to the tasks listed below:
- Perform all front and back end duties related to the Remote Banking department, including phone support, audit preparation, inventory, technical support, password resets, compliance, image processing.
- Assist management with the mailing, processing, and communication of billing invoices and entries.
- Ensure timely and effective training for new employees, with assistance from management. Communicates progress of trainee to management regularly.
- Provide input and makes decisions to resolve complex customer service issues with limited assistance from management.
- Assist management with system upgrades and researching system capabilities, changes, improvements.
- Assist in researching potential changes in procedure and other procedural projects. Ability to discuss procedures internally.
- Seek out, research, and assist with implementing process improvement strategies and projects.
- Ability to describe department procedures and controls to auditors.
- Update and maintain Procedures Manuals for all functions in the department.
- Cooperate with, participate in and support the adherence to all internal policies, procedures and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and the Company’s compliance with all regulatory requirements. Ensures that the unit and all personnel adhere to the same.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED, with a demonstrated ability to perform multiple priorities in a production environment. Some college education is preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ banking experience desired with a proven ability to execute multiple tasks on a daily basis while meeting established standards, and ensuring customer satisfaction preferred.
- Proficient mathematical and accounting skills.
- Proficient 10 key calculator skills.
- Proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills, verbal and written.
- Demonstrated organizational and problem solving skills.
- Proficient keyboarding and demonstrated ability to adapt to various personal computer programs.
- Ability to track volume data and enter into user logs.
- Ability to process work in accordance with a deadline.
- Able to identify and communicate potential process improvement opportunities.
- Strong analytical skills and process improvement skills.
- Demonstrated ability to perform multiple priorities in a production environment.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically regarding complex questions, requests, etc.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Tompkins Financial Corporation is committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.Apply for this Job