Sleekform is a remote-first start-up company creating and selling ergonomic home office furniture. We were started in 2018 by our founder Liz Mercer with the sole focus of bringing traditionally expensive ergonomic furniture to a price point realistic for everyone. After years of working in uncomfortable coworking spaces and coffee shops as a digital nomad, when Liz returned to the US she wanted to create a comfortable work set up but could not find good products at a good price. We are here to change that. We are growing quickly and are aiming to become be the #1 resource for all your ergonomic needs.
As our Customer Support Specialist, your focus will be on connecting with our customers through various channels and creating relationships with them. Everything from emails to Instagram & Facebook Dm’s. Prior customer service experience is required but can come in many forms. Hospitality, online customer support, food and beverage, administrative, etc. Working in the support field requires a positive and problem-solving attitude. Sleekform is a small team giving you the opportunity to grow and really put your personality and skillsets into a growing company.
Keep The People Happy!
- Answer incoming messages in a personable, accurate, timely, and human manner making each customer feel seen and heard.
- Thoroughly and efficiently gather customer information, assess and fulfill customer needs
- Ability to clearly articulate products and services
- Provide product consulting and education including product descriptions and availability
- Manage time to ensure all messages are answered within required timeframes and appropriate follow up is done in a timely manner
- Document all customer interactions appropriately
- Resolve customer issues in one email resolution and/or escalated process
- Set up new customers in information systems
- Maintain a balance between company policy and client benefit in decision making
Keep Things Moving Smoothly.
- Gather customer information in order to process replacement requests and returns
- Ensure accuracy of customer order information vs. customer/item information; resolve discrepancies internally or with customers
- Properly record and archive product issues for Suppliers so corrective action can be relayed to them expeditiously
- Detail-oriented; ensure that potential issues or problems are not overlooked
- Forward information requiring further research to the appropriate team member(s)
- Conduct customer maintenance activities
- Communicate problem situations with customers and negotiate alternatives
- Verify customer commitments are kept to provide on-time and full-service levels
Help Us Move The Needle
- Continuously evaluate and identify opportunities to drive process improvements that positively impact our clients
- Working with other associates, troubleshoot and determine options for repetitive or ongoing problems
- Ability to create and optimize processes in order to handle the growing number of customer questions
- Correct systemic problems to prevent future customer deductions, chargebacks, or corrections
- Meets or exceeds minimum key job accountabilities established for the Customer Service Representative position.
- A solid history of company loyalty
- Strong decision making and analytical abilities
- The professional maturity to work independently
- Ability to influence others to meet timelines and commitments
- Highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction
- Demonstrated passion for excellence with respect to treating and caring for customers
- Knack for research
- Work independently without face to face management interaction
- Ability to utilize and navigate multiple systems simultaneously
- Capacity for handling rude or stubborn customers
- Minimum 1-year customer service experience is desired
- Highly proficient with Excel
- Bachelor’s degree or some college (preferred)
- Full-time 40 hours per week
- Remote position
- North American Time Zone required
What’s It Like Working With Us?
- Remote first culture. We are a company with remote in our blood, we are not doing this just due to COVID. We have years of experience working remotely and have built the company to support this style of work.
- Freedom to put your fingerprint on a growing business. We are growing at a rapid clip and we want to bring someone in who can see where we have been and help us get to where we want to go. We will get you in and train you within our systems and then we want you to get us to the next level. You will see your impact very quickly.
- Ability to grow with the company. We are huge proponents of self-development and professional growth. One of the benefits of a small team is that you have the ability to wear many hats, discover new skills and passions. You will not be siloed to one job, if you have a desire to learn something new that can help the company we want you to try it. We love to move quickly, introduce new facets, and help you grow in your career.
- Bi-Annual meetups in fun locations. One of the benefits of remote work is not having a commute, however, one downside is you do not get to interact face to face with your coworkers. So we meet up 2x a year in fun locations to work on upcoming projects together, in the same room, as a team then we go out and explore wherever we have chosen to meet.
- Location independence and ability to work from various locations. You have the freedom to work from home, a co-working space, or to pick up your work setup and change your location altogether.
- Autonomy of how you work best. No boring cubicles to clock into, you have the freedom to build your best work set up.
If you think you’re the right candidate to be Sleekform’s Customer Support Specialist, click ‘Apply Now’. We can’t wait to hear from you!Apply for this Job