EAC Network seeks Temp Team Leaders to work remote for the Project HOPE program. The position is Full-Time temporary at 35 hours per week until 6/16/2021 at $30 per hour.
Primary Purpose of Job:
The Team Leader is responsible for overseeing field operations and for the team supervision of crisis counselors for the Project HOPE Crisis Counseling Program (CCP). The purpose of Project Hope CCP is to help Covid victims understand and recognize that, in most cases, their emotional reactions are normal. CCP will assist them in recognizing and developing coping skills that will allow them to overcome adversities and resume their pre-disaster level of functioning and equilibrium as well as link clients to additional community resources.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee a team of crisis counselors in the field or virtually.
- May help to assess people who require traditional mental health or substance use treatment.
- Trains, debriefs, and provides direct supervision for the crisis counselors.
- Uses data to conduct ongoing needs assessment.
- Coordinates data collection activities and reviews data form submissions for accuracy.
- Reviews all forms submitted through the data base and /or mobile application.
- May use the mobile application to complete data forms.
- Provides coordination and oversight of the crisis counselors plans of service.
- Schedule and participate in case conferences, team meetings in-service workshops.
- Schedule/attend virtual meetings with all crises counselors to touch base, share ideas, and virtually support one another by discussing stress coping techniques and self-care for CCP staff.
- May perform crisis counseling as needed.
- Ensure that client files are always organized and maintained according to funding source specifications.
- Customarily and regularly exercises discretionary powers.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:
- Master's Degree in Social Work /Mental Health Counseling or in the Behavioral /Public Health Field.
- Minimum of two years of relevant experience required.
- Must have access to automobile and possess valid NYS driver's license.
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong clinical judgement and assessment skills preferred.
- Must be proficient in computer applications or other automated systems such as spreadsheets, Microsoft Office applications, calendar, and email and/or database software necessary to perform work assignments.