SAIC and its Veterans Affairs (VA) Practice is one of the largest and fastest growing providers of consulting services to the Federal market. SAIC is creating professional opportunities for those seeking a growth oriented business environment. Our professionals work with Government agencies and organizations to create efficiencies, increase organizational and human performance, reduce costs, improve operating results, and achieve mission success.
SAIC is deploying a multidisciplinary team of experienced professionals to provide technical management and support services that will assist in delivering effective, consistent and timely project management execution throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). SAIC is seeking a Senior Technical Writer/Editor to support activities across a broad spectrum of Office of Information & Technology (OI&T) projects.
Duties to include:
General Technical Writing Responsibilities:
- Ability to review technical/management documents and provide comments and feedback on accuracy, completeness, consistency, grammar, and overall quality.
- Ability to work independently and/or with other administrative and support staff in supporting multiple projects simultaneously and analyzing subject material and audiences while producing clear documentation and prioritizing daily tasks in order to effectively manage production time.
- Perform desktop publishing, including formatting, writing, and editing client deliverables with an eye for detail.
- Review project documentation to ensure validity, completeness of content, and consistency with order, style, terminology standard and Section 508 compliance; and, interface with customer to determine needs.
- Reviews and supports development of project related documents to ensure validity, completeness of content, and consistency with order, style, terminology standards, Section 508 compliance, and spelling and grammar. Revises existing documentation as needed.
- Creates and maintains project templates
- Maintains final draft of all documents utilizing SharePoint as a repository
- Collaborates regularly with team leaders, and project team
- Possesses strong organizational skills
- Ability to support meetings including scheduling meetings and preparing agendas and meeting minutes
- Ability to support data calls as needed
- Scribe meetings as assigned
- Collect information across project team and consolidate, as needed
- Schedule program level meetings as required
- Provide support in reviewing and compiling monthly status reports, reviewing it for accuracy, and working with document authors and reviewers to resolve comments.
- Support the creation, consolidation and editing of additional weekly and ad hoc reports
QualificationsREQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or business discipline, with at least 10 years of experience in related field is required. Note that 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted in lieu of Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience in editing narrative and graphic products to identify and correct grammatical formatting and logic errors and to identify logical inconsistencies that will require author attention.
- Experience in the application a variety of word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, and scheduling tools.
- Experience in meeting with authors and other team representatives to review documents, compile inputs/corrections, resolve incompatible comments, and provide final publishable documentation.
- Experience in explaining in simple language scientific and technical ideas that are difficult for the average reader to understand.
- Ability to multi-task and demonstrate a high degree of organization in order to support multiple concurrent projects.
- Microsoft Office suite of tools and Microsoft SharePoint.
- US Citizenship required with the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.Apply for this Job