- Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network.
- With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 140 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
- Gannett brands include the USA TODAY and more than 260 daily local newspaper brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, WordStream, and ThriveHive and U.K. media company Newsquest.
- There’s never been a better time to join our talented team. Visit Gannett.com/Careers to learn more!
Work Schedule varies
- Locations9001 N Interstate 35 Suite 102, Austin, Texas 78753
- Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug-free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce.
- We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Page Designer/Copy Editor remote work opportunity
- At Gannett’s Design Center in Austin, Texas our talented team works with newsrooms across the U.S. to produce more than 200 daily and weekly publications, plus hundreds of magazines and special sections each year.
- Our more than 220 designers, team leaders, and proofreaders come from all over the country — and more than half of them live there, too. (*Remote work is possible in 39 states. We have a huge remote design team).
- Gannette Co is seeking page designers for our Design Studio.
- Our employees have a unique opportunity to learn and develop their talents under our experienced and innovative senior leadership team.
- The ideal candidate is a motivated and flexible self-starter with awesome organizational skills, the ability to communicate over multiple platforms, and pride in their work knowing that they help inform readers around the country.
- Designers will thrive in a fast-paced environment while working on multiple projects. Communication skills and learning new systems and processes are a big part of our operation. This is a great opportunity to gain experience in journalism.
- Are you ready to join one of the largest publishers of locally-based media in the country?
- The page designer/copy editor will work within a team to layout and design multiple newspapers, collaborating with editors from around the country.
- Page designer/copy editors must deliver high-quality work while meeting tight deadlines on a daily basis and business needs.
- Layout and design news pages for a variety of community and metro newspaper publications
- Complete a steady stream of assigned pages on a deadline
- Read and rewrite headlines to fit the tone of a story and enhance the design of a page
- Collaborate with designated editors from Gannett newsrooms to execute a publication’s design plan utilizing Gannett’s design style
- Keep publications error-free
- Work with a small team of designers to ensure the effective production and dissemination of our newspapers
- Copy edit (contingent upon newspaper’s needs)
- Proofread pages as assigned, assisting designated proofreaders
- Bachelor’s degree or certification in journalism or demonstrated experience in the field
- Proficiency with page design software (preferably Adobe InDesign)
- Knowledge of content management system software a plus (preferably MediaWare Center)
- Knowledge of AP Style
- Knowledge of rules of newspaper design (preferred)
- Have experience with digital publishing
- Experience in Adobe Suite, specifically InDesign or other similar design software