We are currently seeking a talented Product Management Director – Product Marketing for one of the following locations: San Antonio Home Office II/III, Colorado Springs Campus, Phoenix Campus, Plano Campus, Tampa Campus, or 100% Remote Work Environment.
USAA is a leading credit card issuer focused on serving the needs of the military community. The Card Experiences team manages credit card products, experiences, and strategies to engage our members with products and services that provide value while serving the community’s unique needs. As part of the Marketing Center of Excellence in Card Experiences, this position will join a team that is building the roadmap to engage our members as we envision and create the future for marketing USAA’s credit card offerings. As the Product Management Director, this role will leverage marketing and member experience skills to identify key impactful touchpoints during the card and member lifecycles that drive member engagement and satisfaction. The role will create the strategy that meets our financial and engagement goals as well as deliver a roadmap of capabilities to enhance our marketing to members.
Formulates product/sales strategy recommendations based on analysis of profitability, competitiveness and sales performance for the product life cycle. Compile, analyze and interpret data to make strategic and tactical recommendations or decisions pertaining to sales/product performance. Responsible for defining the business questions and providing insights to improve business performance. Supports the maintenance of existing products and/or may lead in the development and launch of less complex, new products with channel partners.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we’ve been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we’ve ranked among Victory Media’s Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Leverages internal and external data and member information to support formulation of product strategy and enhance competitive intelligence.
- Develops product dashboards and metrics recommendations in support of analyzing and evaluating strategic performance.
- Partners with Marketing to define go-to-market and value proposition strategy of the product/feature.
- Develops recommendations to launch new products and the evaluation and decision to buy/build or ally.
- Acts as product SME on features and services and collaborates with business partners to provide recommendations.
- Analyzes and evaluates product performance metrics to form recommendations regarding market opportunities and product enhancements.
- Leads efforts to expand or change existing product features.
- Contributes to decisions regarding product pricing and profitability.
- Identifies and evaluates potential providers for alliance relationships.
- Provides support regarding all aspects of Product Life Cycle.
- Approves and provides support in developing, editing and distributing product communications.
- Coordinates with relevant control partners (to include Legal, Compliance, and Risk Management) to ensure product offerings are designed, implemented and managed in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Contributes to the overall strategy of the business and collaborates with alliance to develop product strategy.
- Interprets performance results to inform product or sales forecast and planning.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Supply Chain, Statistics, or related discipline, or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 years of relevant industry experience in Actuary, Underwriting, Marketing or Sales/Service or Finance/Accounting Operations.
- 3 years of product management, or similar strategic management experience (similar experience includes direct support in managing product performance).
- 2 years of Data Visualization experience (i.e. Tableau).
- Knowledge of relevant laws and regulations (i.e. FDIC, CFPB, OCC).
- Expert experience in creating product briefings and presenting to executive leadership.
- Experienced in market research to create product roadmap, make product decisions and iterate rapidly.
- Knowledge of applicable product related regulations, and risk and compliance requirements.
- Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- MBA with marketing experience
- Financial services or consumer packaged goods (CPG) experience in marketing to existing customers
- Experience working in a matrixed environment
- Analytical capabilities to drive insights and action
- Able to drive results through cross-functional leadership and influence
- Familiarity with marketing technologies and distribution platforms, channels
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $97,200 – $175,000 *(this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
If you are an existing USAA employee, please use the internal career site in OneSource to apply.
Find your purpose. Join our mission.
USAA is unlike any other financial services organization. The mission of the association is to facilitate the financial security of its members, associates and their families through provision of a full range of highly competitive financial products and services; in so doing, USAA seeks to be the provider of choice for the military community. We do this by upholding the highest standards and ensuring that our corporate business activities and individual employee conduct reflect good judgment and common sense, and are consistent with our core values of service, loyalty, honesty and integrity.
USAA attributes its long-standing success to its most valuable resource: our 35,000 employees. They are the heart and soul of our member-service culture. When you join us, you’ll become part of a thriving community committed to going above for those who have gone beyond: the men and women of the U.S. military, their associates and their families. In order to play a role on our team, you don’t have to be connected to the military yourself – you just need to share our passion for serving our more than 13 million members.
USAA is an EEO/AA Employer – applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.Apply for this Job